Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

Beth

Maybe this should be renamed to 3rd Annual Illinois Meet & Feast!!

Friday in Clinton sounds fabulous!

We will be cooking Chili for anyone arriving Thurs nite.

Saturday breakfast prep promises to be much easier prep this year. This will be my Friday evening prayer: May the wind not blow out our flames & may our heaters not trip the breakers.

Menu:

Bacon

Scrambled Eggs

Biscuits

Sausage gravy

Hash browns

Apple butter (if anyone lives in a good apple location, bring some good apple butter please)

Toast

Fruit

Carl, Erwajawawa was out buying biscuits this morning. So when I logged on here, I thought your profile pic was a biscuit!!

• Like 4

Monkeytrucker

Beth, you and the trouble maker are trying to out do Buck/Rod.  Sounds good especially the breakfast.  It has been a Morning highlight of the whole weekend. 

It is hard to believe that 2 weeks from today, Sunday, we all will be holding our bellies and saying those ribs were fantastic last evening.  Most will be on their way home or already at home by the evening.  Sad part is that #3 will be history and the good part is that #4 will only be 363 days away.

So for all who are planning on being there we can say it will be great to see old friends and meet new friends.  If anyone is feeling the urge to make last minute plans on attending COME ON.  As at it was at home, another plate can be set at the table and food will be available to show up on that plate. 

Dusty Boots

Stop it you guys !!!  .....  I'm starting to salivate and it's still over a week and a half away!!   :Face-Crying:

• Like 2

Galaxyhunter

Stop it you guys !!!  .....  I'm starting to salivate and it's still over a week and a half away!!   :Face-Crying:

One Word.-----------                     BIB   :Face-Raspberry: 

• Like 2

thecruiser

Maybe this should be renamed to 3rd Annual Illinois Meet & Feast!!

Friday in Clinton sounds fabulous!

We will be cooking Chili for anyone arriving Thurs nite.

Saturday breakfast prep promises to be much easier prep this year. This will be my Friday evening prayer: May the wind not blow out our flames & may our heaters not trip the breakers.

Menu:

Bacon

Scrambled Eggs

Biscuits

Sausage gravy

Hash browns

Apple butter (if anyone lives in a good apple location, bring some good apple butter please)

Toast

Fruit

Carl, Erwajawawa was out buying biscuits this morning. So when I logged on here, I thought your profile pic was a biscuit!!

I plan on being there Thursday.

Today, I started making my new-to-me bike, my own!

post-254-0-79012000-1442797753_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

erwjww

Good looking bike Larry but I did not know back tire was optional.

Monkeytrucker

I believe we will arrive on Thursday.  Will probably be pulling the trailer with the Fiat as our old dog has problems with staying at our daughters.  Not the stay but for about a week after we get back she is like glue and keeps a very sharp eye on us.  So we probably will bring the old girl.  She is so docile and friendly she should not be much of a problem other than being a mooch which we try to avoid.  Of course I figure she will convert a few well picked rib bones into nothingness. 

We are bringing all of the fixings for a batch of baked beans.  Probably will roast the peppers here at home over the fire pit.

Sure are looking forward to the big event.

Parman

Beth,

I have a two burner stove I will be bringing this year to help with the cooking.

In worst case senerio Daniel is pulling down our old pop up camper that has a stove in it to cook in if weather takes a turn for the worst.

• Like 1

Halfling

I will be bringing two 10X10 pop up canopies as well as my large, white, 10X20 covered garage thingy (same as last year). I won't be arriving until Friday afternoon so we may have to set it up first thing Saturday morning.

• Like 2

Chromo

Good looking bike Larry but I did not know back tire was optional.

It's a rear hover bike! Did you not see the blower under the rear bags?

Errr... does kinda look like a vac of some type, by hey if they suck they blow, so must be the hover blower unit!!

Chromo

I'll need a spot in F-loop!

I can't crawl to far you know!

I'm also looking for something to do from Sept 27 or 28 till Thurs. Oct. 1 in the upper area.

I think I may make the dash up to MI. for the CYCLE MOORE birthday bash,  Sept 25-27, and when I leave there rather a pain to ride home to stay 1 or 2 days then head back up north again for our F-LOOP group! I would rather just stay North and not come home.

No Idea what to do really for a few days up that way right now!

thecruiser

Chromo,

I'm leaving home for Clinton St. Pk on Oct 1st. I'll be home 'til then.

If you need a place to hang your hat (or park your camper) we have spare bedroom. It was good enough for John and Nancy, you should be comfortable too.

You could even maybe help me put the finishing touches on my bike.

Larry

post-254-0-11467700-1442915736_thumb.jpg

youngnbald

I could have my car, truck and motorcycle again this year.  Let me know if any supplies would be good to bring.  I brought electric heaters last year, but too small to help in the group area.  I could bring a 80,000 btu heater this time.  Would help get some warmth to the people not up against the fire pit.  Looking forward to seeing everyone this year.

Dusty Boots

Trying to reach Buck. I was at lake Clinton yesterday afternoon.  I spoke with the host and they want to speak with Buck.  The campground has a new superintendent and the way they talked the rules may not be as overlooked as before.  As I understand 2 tents per site. KOA campgrounds told me they see a motorcycle pop up like an aspen a tent.  I hope everyone does.

They want to speak with him to make sure reservations are made.

Let us know ASAP for those of us who don't/didn't make reservations, will ya.

I'm planning on arriving either Thursday mid day, or before noon Friday

Buckfarrack

I want all of you to know, the Clinton Lake personel has been very good. They have done a unit count both years we have held our M&G in the F-Loop of this state park and not one unit has got away with "A free ride". As matter of fact, we have not broken any rules to date in the campground. The reservation website is up to date and plainly shows what sites are available and what sites have been reserved. Yes, all of the sites "within" the F- "LOOP" have been taken and have been shared. If you would like to reserve a campsite please do so. There are SEVERAL campsites along each side of the road leading to the "LOOP".

IF you reserve a campsite and are willing to share with another unit, PLEASE post it here on this thread for All to see. Thank You.

I already have plans to go to The Town of Clinton before the week is over to purchase firewood and to make futher arrangments. I had planned to drop by the park, talk with the campground host, like i do each year, to just let them know we will be back in case they need to make any adjustments with their staff.
So, i do not for-see any problems at all, or, any changes on our part from the past two years. IF so , I will post them for all to see.

As for a " Donation Jar", a member of our team has had an idea of doing a raffle instead. Myself, I am the type that enjoys ideas from all that attennd our NAGF IL M&G. NOT just one person setting the tone.

So this year we will be selling raffle tickets as a 50/50 drawing, donating whatever winnings to a charity of your choice.
We hope you all agree.

ThANK YOU ALL again for taking time out of busy life to relax with us for a couple days attending the 3rd Annual NAGF IL M&G.

When i return from Clinton, I will give you all an update.

BUCK

• Like 1

Halfling

I have taken the liberty to hide a few posts that seemed to have caused a bit of unnecessary tension between members. I am sure that everyone had good intentions and we appreciate everyone's participation/involvement and desire to make this a great and trouble free event.  

Thank you so much for your understanding.

• Like 2

Ratster

Sounds like ya'll are gonna have a good time. Wish i could go  :Face-Crying:

• Like 2

Galaxyhunter

The long range forecast looks good ------  So Far

post-4769-0-79256000-1442942939_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Yes, all of the sites "within" the F- "LOOP" have been taken and have been shared. If you would like to reserve a campsite please do so. There are SEVERAL campsites along each side of the road leading to the "LOOP".

IF you reserve a campsite and are willing to share with another unit, PLEASE post it here on this thread for All to see. Thank You.

BUCK

Thanks, Buck!   :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

I won't reserve a campsite as it's not in my nature, but I'll share one of those sites leading up to the loop with anyone who's needing a place, or has a spot to share with me  (provided those ones are still open by that time)

Dusty

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

It doesn't look like snow or 35mph winds this year anyhow.  LOL

Wife isn't real excited. She might not want to stay home alone though.     As of right now she won't be home from work that Friday until 3pm.   Might get there at 8pm.

I don't have anything reserved either.

IF she doesn't go I can leave early Friday morning and take my time.  hmmmmm. :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

It doesn't look like snow or 35mph winds this year anyhow.  LOL

Wife isn't real excited. She might not want to stay home alone though.     As of right now she won't be home from work that Friday until 3pm.   Might get there at 8pm.

I don't have anything reserved either.

IF she doesn't go I can leave early Friday morning and take my time.  hmmmmm. 

You are hooked and you know IT! Get ur butt over here and bring ur wife,8pm is FINE!

youngnbald

We are rolling in late too.  Set up camp at Moonshine with no lighting....until two fellow neighbors came over with their headlamps.  They were amazed how we had the Aspen set up by feel.  (Flashlights were buried in tub with the way it was backed that trip....never again will that happen)

mailman01

Was really looking forward to meeting all you folks at this event, but circumstances here at home have developed causing me to be unable to make it this year...Oh well...feces happens.  I'm sure fun will be had by all, and weather is going to be extremely favorable. :BigFatCry:

Parman

Sorry to hear the Mailman will not deliver next weekend. lol

Seriously sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year.

thecruiser

Was really looking forward to meeting all you folks at this event, but circumstances here at home have developed causing me to be unable to make it this year...Oh well...feces happens.  I'm sure fun will be had by all, and weather is going to be extremely favorable. :BigFatCry:

Sorry too, Marty.