Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

F-Loop in the park. Once you stay there you are an genuine F-LOOPER. Once you eat Buck's Ribs you are anxiously awaiting the next IL M&G.

jobe05

I google mapped how to get there but whre at exactly are you guys staying so far I have the time off work and dad is going to camp with me    is there a website for the campground?  

THe following was posted by Halfling (on page #9 of this thread)  The name of the camp grounds is Clinton Lake State Park.  The web site would be on the State of Illinois parks web site.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure why Hwy 14 isn't on a real map, Google Maps has it...here's a couple more shots

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):

40.16316, -88.78925

40°9'47"N, 88°47'21"W

Located 10 miles West of Farmer City and 10 miles East of Clinton ( State Route 54 ) just 1.9 miles South of DeWitt on County Highway 14 ( Friends Creek Rd ) The informational sign you will follow at DeWitt reads 'MASCOUTIN STATE RECREATION AREA Located 3 miles West of Weldon and 12 miles East of Clinton ( State Route 10 ) just 2.5 miles North on County Highway 14 ( Friends Creek Rd ) The informational sign you will follow at the intersection of St Rt 10 and Friends Creek Rd reads 'MASCOUTIN STATE RECREATION AREA''

yooperfan

Last week, MrsY and I rode to CLSP to check out the F-Loop.  It's about 100 miles and a 2 hour ride.  We also checked out some of the rest of the park.  The beach area looks nice but even better was the concession stand.  The dining area is filled with old stuff and signs.  After a couple of icecream cones, it was time to head home.  What wing ride would be complete without icecream?  Since I can't make definate plans until I know where I stand with OT, I still can't make plans except to say that we figure to make it a day trip on saturday.  Time will tell.

Chromo

So I decided to check why the trailer ate 2 tires so quick. Found 1/2" of toe in. So now I am going to have to press that out of it. No big deal, just another aggravation. At least I will get it a lot closer to true. What do you expect from a HF axle that evidently has warped from road shocks.

Hey, just unbolt the axle and flip it around, 1/2" toe out. It all evens out! LOL

Sorry to hear your HF is warped! Mine seems to have done fine, and you know it's the one I ran to CA. and dragged back another 1500 loaded on it, plus all the junk I took with me like 50lbs of canned food so I could camp in mountains on the way out.

Well of course I never camped or ate the food, friends on the way said come visit and I did, so all the junk I hauled to CA. also came home again loaded with the 1500 I picked up out there! LOL

Oh, Also the 6gal of gas I hauled both ways just in case I might need it in middle of desert but did not use. ER.... came real close to needing it a couple times but got to a station just as I hit fumes only! HA HA.

NOW HF LIGHTS can be a nightmare!!!!!

I am thinking I will make decals "TRAILER FROM H3LL " to name my trailer, mostly just because of all the light issues I have had now!

Another 2-3 days SHOT trying to wire up lights!  HF wires are crap!! We can not blame it all on HF though!

NAPA was not so great either! I got my 2 sets of lights about half wired and working as I wanted, then FINALLY found the converter I wanted/needed to go from bike 4 wire to trailer 3 wire for the lights, ground seperate, so I bough chest at NAPA and rip out my wires and try to wire that in. CRAP, junk, it did not work! So I get my wires back togther and lights working I take the junk thing back to Napa, they have another type of same thing. Well, I want the lights wired that way so I exchanged the junk I got for the new JUNK and rip out wires again to try to wirre it in!

Now mind you I am doing this at NAPA on the street parking, facing up a good hill, can't park on other side of road do to the bad slant bike would not sit on stand without falling over to wrong side!

The new JUNK I swapped for is also BAD!! So I been killing my battery running lights to wire that in, and also to removed it and wired back as I had it!

I started engine a few times and ran it, but not enough, so battery is DEAD! I get a refund for my $15, then back bike downhill with 4'X6' trailer making a U turn in middle of road backing on a steep hill! That was FUN!!! NOT!!!! LOL

SO I get a decent roll and took like 3 tries to pop start the bike, I was getting worried as I was getting close to intersection that waws mostly uphill in all directions, but she started at last minute!

It ain't all HF fault when we get junk that don't work well!

Now the other nightmare is HF fault! Thick insulation on tiny fine hair strand wires! Cannot cut or crimp splice the ground on some lights as it's like short copper shavings in there! Like if a guy with a crew cut got his hair trimmed, those short type fine hairs!

I got some lights wired and working, then wired in more, the ones that worked no longer worked, drove me nuts!

I finally yesterday ripped out ALL the WIRES, bought some GOOD wire which cost me $18 just for wire! Even that did not work as I was trying to spice into the light wires and they were too thin inside! I was using those crimp connecters, and they do work fine, just put some electro grease in there and nothing will corrode!

Well they worked one minute and next nothing then worked, then nothing over and over!  HF wires were too thin inside for the wire to make good contact! Insulation was right size, but not the wire inside!

SO, back to the good old HACK IT UP solution! Instead of getting it done right I gave up on that idea and I peeled and twisted wires together and wrapped them up in electrical tape!

YA, not done great, looks a mess, but it was the only thing that actually WORKED!!!

Wife and I finally got to ride double and drag trailer with us about 150 miles tonight to go buy a sheet of wood for the top of trailer I needed last week! LOL

Maybe I can get it painted and fumes out in time for ES, but I am guessing our chairs etc... will smell like paint! LOL

Same Trailer I brought up last year basically, but I cut off about 2' on rear now and painted the wood black. Also same trailer I took to CA. to get the parts 99 bike a couple years ago.

One thing for sure, I ran too much air in tires, center treads is near war bars, outer tread is better. SO I guess I'll pick up a couple spares, then ru the tires on it now about 1/2 air so they run more on outer treads for awhile. Even it out! LOL

Looks to be cheaper to buy my new 4x8 trailer I wanted and get spare tires that way than to buy new tires almost! I'd get my new tires/ wheels/hubsbearings etc.. and also have a whole new trailer frame to build on!

Alex Bevelheimer

so I take it from what ive read the F-loop is where the party is at?

jobe05

so I take it from what ive read the F-loop is where the party is at?

Yes

Flyone

Well guys and gals......I am sorry to say that I am not going to be able to make it. I was working every angle I could at work to get someone else to cover an event so I could come up for this fine event. We had one guy who could cover my airshow event as all of my other counterparts were already booked and couldn't cover for me.  So I was good to go until I just found that the one guy who could cover for me turned in his 2 week notice today and is moving on to another company.  

I am bummed.....but there is always next year. :sad-face:

Parman

Monkeytrucker

Hey Bill, it was great to see you again at Eureka Springs. Sorry you did not have a picnic table to auctioneer from but I do have to tell you that the young lady was a better looking auctioneer than you....

Looks like about 20 days and counting.

For those of you who have never been to the IL M&G you need to go. F-Loop becomes the center of the Goldwing universe and the center of the nicest people one could ever desire to meet. Great food is also high on the list. Usually on Friday night we hit a little restaurant and on Saturday we have the famous Buck's Ribs. The great breakfasts that are fixed are not too shabby either.

Alex Bevelheimer

i'll have to wait until the week of the event work is playing   bs drama about me taking time off    so if I am there I am there I am positive the will be a spot for me and dad   we are more than likely bringing his dog   don't laugh... he calls her    HARLEY Davidson... omg... wow   lol     I get a kick out of it     so  I will know more  in the coming weeks 

Buckfarrack

Howdy Folks! I am here to report,I have been working hard getting things together for our meet coming the first weekend of October like Pork Ribs,Meat,Sides,Firewood,etc.

It is all coming together just fine.Also my Harley Riding catering friends, again,have committed to bringing their Motorhome & Refrigerator Smoker and helping us. I am very grateful these 3 couples take the time to help at our meet and want nothing in return.I am asking to please make time to personally Thank them.Thank YOU too for taking the from busy

schedules to join us in Fall weather. :thumbs-up:  Again,I hope you have a great time at our meet,and hope for your return.

Now,for the Friday Evening update

I am leaning toward a place in Clinton,IL. for the Friday evening dinner that i think everyone will like.It is approx 12 to 13 mile trip from camp.

With this large of group,i think this place will better accommodate,and the food is something you can write home about.Very unique place to visit

with reasonable prices.I hope y'all will enjoy it! 

The weather this year is going to be in the mid 70's so bring your swim suits.NO,not you GARY. ;) BUT,i've been known to misjudge the weather,so i would also pack for cooler temps too. :)

Cant wait to share our stories and throw back a few with some awesome friends,and will be great making new ones.

I promise to monitor this thread closely from now on to help with questions or needs.

Kawasaki,sure hope you and your father can make the trip! If you haven't found the directions yet,just go South out of Dewitt,IL., after you cross a bridge,the Entrance will be on the west side.At that point,THERE WILL BE SIGNS directing you back to the NAGF IL M&G that one of our members made for us.

Fly,sorry to hear you can't make the date.We were looking forward to seeing you again but i truley understand.There's always next year.

BUCK

thecruiser

Buck,

As a first-timer at the Clinton get-together, I'm lookin' forward to meeting folks I've yet to lay an eye-ball on. I'll be sharing a spot with Rick. I'll be there on Thursday (that's the plan) with Rick coming on Friday.

I'll be sure to have an appetite for our dinner Friday nite!   :SmileyTooth: 

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

AWW SHUCKS! Just bought a new set of swimmers and was planning on doing the first belly flop into the lake.

Buck, you are the one who made this event grow and become what it now is. You are to be commended (or committed) for all of the hard work you do.

For those of you new to this event, Rod a.k.a. Buck supplies his time, energy, equipment and buys a ton of ribs. We take a free will offering to offset his costs. Along with what others donate, do and take on as helpers and etc. the Illinois Meet & Greet is at or near the top of the lists of great events.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO

As for campsites. I and a few others feel that the campground host would cast his eyes another direction if we stuff the F-Loop with as many campers as free space will allow especially if the state is paid for campsites in other locations but somehow the campers got lost and set up in the wrong spot. This event helps promote the park and as has been proven the only rowdy person there is Jack.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Still hoping to attend this after the Cycle Moore Birthday Bash.    :thumbs-up:

Probably roll in on either the Thursday, or Friday

11951795_10153715723930555_2557385294601

Galaxyhunter

--------

IMHO

As for campsites. I and a few others feel that the campground host would cast his eyes another direction if we stuff the F-Loop with as many campers as free space will allow especially if the state is paid for campsites in other locations but somehow the campers got lost and set up in the wrong spot. This event helps promote the park and as has been proven the only rowdy person there is Jack.

Now Gary,  the only reason you are saying this is because it is   TRUE  :SmileyTooth: 

Alex Bevelheimer

might make it after all   I have the directions  will more than likely take the truck  anything under 80 degrees dad starts grumping pretty bad so if I all goes well I can take about 5 or 6 in my truck to dinner   I cant guarantee all will make it back    as for Jack  he'll have to ride on the top 

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Jack would be OK riding in the back. Beth makes him ride back there all the time since he has to have the seat all the way back. It is either that or she has to tie beer cans onto the pedals so she can reach them.

Alex Bevelheimer

nope work decided to "reciende" my time off as I expected I am pretty pissed off about this so next year seems to be the answer to everything

Buckfarrack

Monkeytrucker,Thanks man for the kind words.It takes all of us to make our event great,so thanks to ALL OF YOU too!

Kawasaki,there goes that 4 letter word again...but we all know,that's what makes the world go'round.Just make sure to keep us in mind next year bud,and hope to put a handshake

on you somewhere before.

thecriuser,I think i can speak for ALL of us....WE are SO happy you have recovered/healed and are able to make it to our M&G!!!Can't wait to grab your hand too buddy and hoping this trip will be well worth your time.With the group we have attending each year,i don't see how you can go wrong.Oh yeah,When you arrive,just look for the youngest looking guy there,that will be ME. : AWE :

Dusty Boots,Always a pleasure chatting with you my friend.Again,thank you for scheduling our M&G campout the second year.Can't wait to see ya.That goes for all our friends across the border for making the trip down here to the flatlands.Thank You!

Galaxyhunter,YOU have to make it down to help keep that JACK guy in line.Y'all right,he's the rowdy one.3rd year for you too buddy! So glad to you can make it.

One more thing i would like to post,

Each year every person has helped make our M&G successful,whether it is cooking,cleaning,dumping trash,stacking/stoking firewood,setting up tents,etc.I don't want to leave

one person out,but i also would like to give a shout out to Youngnbald / Mark for bringing a large variety of sweets,cookies,brownies,etc.the last 2 years.Thank You Mark.

Another shoutout to Jobe0five (#five key doesn't work) JOHN & Rebecca,for bringing along a VERY NICE assortment of their homebrewed Wines.They have helped make

this M&G what it is today.Thank You John and Rebecca.

And of course...erwaaahahaaa Jack & Beth,for their time spent organizing,purchasing,setting up, making it happen,the AWESOME breakfast food line.Thank You for your huge contribution ,and You and Monkeytruckers idea of having an ILLINOIS M&G in the first place.I am honored to help organize this meet for both of you.Thanks Jack and Gary!

If anyone would like to add my # to their contact list,feel free to do so.I have a truck,trailer, winch,straps and all in case,ANY ONE OF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM,whether it is a bike or an auto.DO NOT hesitate to call me!!! 217 three six nine...six eight four nine.

Until next time,be safe all.

Buck

• Like 1

youngnbald

Crazy busy this year!  It doesn't look like I will be able to meet everyone for the meal on Friday night like we usually do.  So bring your own wallets, I won't be able to pick up the tab.  Michele and I will be coming down a bit later Friday night.  I will try to have the sugar again this year!  Yes, more Oatmeal/Raisin cookies and brownies too.

This event isn't too far off!!!!  Time is flying!  See everyone soon!

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

To heck with your wallet, to heck with the cookies, just be sure and bring Michele. She is all of the sweetness we all can stand.

This whole event started when Jack suggested that he and I meet eyeball to eyeball somewhere in the middle of the state. That was the start. We picked Decatur as the spot. Then someone said they would like to join in and then another. Then Rod a.k.a. Buckfarrack jumped in and said "Hey, how about meeting at Clinton lake state park and I will slow cook some ribs." That was what really lit the fuse on the whole event.

First year, weather perfect, we had over 30 attendees.

Second year we had 50-60 or more and even had a couple of those brand X people join and bring food and equipment.

This year we have added the moniker of NAG IL M&G to the event. :thumbs-up:
Buck has been rustling pig ribs, probably a truck load, Jack (well actually Beth) will be hoarding hen fruit, Mark will be visiting the bakeries, the brand X friends are going to bring copious amounts of vitals, Mrs. Buck will make a good amount of potato salad, my bride is getting stuff together to make baked beans, and the list goes on and I hope I did not forget anyone but I am old you know and my memory is short. 

Bottom line is No one will go away hungry on Saturday night.  No one will go away without making plans to attend the 4th annual IL M&G.

So to all of the great people we call friends now and to all of the great people that we will meet and call friends there is only one thing one can say:

LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING AT THE IL M&G WITH PAST AND FUTURE FRIENDS. 

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!  :welcome-signboard-smiley-emotic  :agreed-with-sign: 

• Like 2

kamikaze84

Cant wait to see all my wing family this year at the event. I will be at camp Friday afternoon with camper and truck. Buck if you need any wood or anything I can bring some I have plenty of room in the truck. 

Ghost Rider 2

Howdy folks.  Been a while since I been on here. Computer problems I guess.  Anyway.  Seriously planning on showing up at Clinton.  Is the list current on sites?  I went to see about space and reserve says everything on loop taken.

thecruiser

Howdy folks.  Been a while since I been on here. Computer problems I guess.  Anyway.  Seriously planning on showing up at Clinton.  Is the list current on sites?  I went to see about space and reserve says everything on loop taken.

Can't say whether the list on Post #1 is up to date but when I tried to reserve a spot, it wouldn't let me either saying none were available. I ended up sharing a spot with someone. (RHalbur)

Monkeytrucker

I truly believe that if you show up a camping spot will be found.  As I said before, the campground host are fantastic people and probably will work with us.  If you had seen the rigging set up last year to block the wind and that it probably broke every rule on tying ropes and etc. to trees one can think that as long as we are the great campers we have demonstrated in the past 2 years, have a history of leaving things better than we found them, and have not had any police actions directed upon us squeezing another tent or two on a site might be overlooked.  Or we can simply tie a rope between them and call them all one tent..... JMHO

:welcome-signboard-smiley-emotic  :thumbs-up:  :agreed-with-sign: