Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buckfarrack

Gary you should be HAPPY just paying for those pills!  That's Waaaaaay cheaper than the Kenyan's 830 dollars a MONTH and 12000 (THOUSAND) dollar deductible joke care.

I'LL take the pills.

Buckfarrack

So Buck are we staying at your campground for this event?

Sorry for the delay Dan but, I don't want to be the one to decide really.I was going to wait a few months and let a few riders stop by and check it out to see what they think.Beenshot has been there,Don will be there tomorrow,and Gary is planning on camping there in a few weeks.I would much rather get a few heads together to decide if we want to move the meet and greet.A couple of advantages are,there is many sites to visit,beautiful backroads with scenery other than CORN,but on the other hand,it is a Meet&Greet,not to say folks couldn't take off for a ride and check out the area.

e

The other is,if us ILLinoy boyz could ride to the south end of the state,it helps divide the miles for the majority of people that has attended the last two meets.I sure don't want to break something that is working,or make it further for our Canadian friends,just thinking the Shawnee Forest Area may be even more enjoyable????? 

I know Clinton Lake has worked out very well and the park employees have been absolutely great with us.It depends if y'all want more of a backwoods camp or the state park setting.

Moderator: the question of location has been resolved...it's at the same location as previous years. Clinton Lake SP

youngnbald

NASSIR and many other events move around and people follow the event.  This would be a move to give some extra benefits and could be the yearly location.  I would say people will make it work.  F-loop was nice, but the gathering of people makes the event.  Call out the location and they will come.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  Many events prior so hope to see several a few times throughout the year.

Monkeytrucker

First, I personally see no reason what so ever as to not having the IL M&G at Buck's Shady Rest.  As he said, it is in an area with many scenic sites and other historical places.  Clinton lake was nice but not good for organized rides. Moderator: the question of location has been resolved...it's at the same location as previous years. Clinton Lake SP

Now the Dusty Boots designed bumper.  The blank spot in the lights is due to me trying to locate the center strip and in the process of pulling the tape backing loose I broke a printed circuit in the light.  I have to cut the heat shrink tubing to change the center section.  I had bought 2 pkg. of 4 twelve inch long red light strips for $8 shipping included so I have 5 replacements.  Also have a 4' strip of white lights for the inside coming.   

IMG_9109_zpsp5mkcmlg.jpg

IMG_9104_zpsdmtknavz.jpg

IMG_9100_zps99xnc5va.jpg

As I said before, if I can find some aluminum extrusions to make a lighter bumper I will.  Polished aluminum would look great.

I have another idea for safety.  A pair of yellow light strips mounted on the front of the bike and using a high frequency switching circuit switch the yellow LED strips on and off at a high rate.  I saw where some company was using yellow LEDs mounted on the fork tubes flashing at a high rate and supposedly they appear to be not flashing up close but flashing at a distance. 

kamikaze84

Location doesnt matter too me I am fine with Bucks Shady rest. I think dad has a really quiet and nice generator to power my cpap if I need it. I will follow my nose to those tasty ribs.  :Face-Raspberry:

Moderator: the question of location has been resolved...it's at the same location as previous years. Clinton Lake SP

Monkeytrucker

Location doesnt matter too me I am fine with Bucks Shady rest. I think dad has a really quiet and nice generator to power my cpap if I need it. I will follow my nose to those tasty ribs.  :Face-Raspberry:

Maybe your nose will lead you to the ribs but I simply will surf down the river my taste buds will be making......

:thumbs-up:   :roflmao:

• Like 1

hidepounder

We are considering this, do we need to make reservations if camping, we have a pop up I pull. I will look on the internet but is there contact info somewhere for the campground?

Randy

youngnbald

Will need an address or directions also.  Not sure if I missed this somewhere?

Parman

Clinton Lake State Park.

Monkeytrucker

Hey guys and dolls,

There is some question about Buck's Shady Rest being able to handle as many bikes as we have had. So there is a question on the floor about holding the event at Clinton Lake State Park as we have done in the past. Moderator: the question has been resolved...it's at the same location as previous years. Clinton Lake SP

As for my thoughts AS LONG AS THERE ARE GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD (Translation RIBS) I have absolutely no problem with what ever the consensus is.

As they say, call me anything you want but do not call me late for supper.

beenshot

It all depends on the weather as to which place that I prefer. If it is cold and rainy like last year, I doubt that I will ride to Clinton Lake. I like you guys but last year was a tough ride home. Buck's place is further south and closer to home for me but what works for one doesn't work for someone else.

You ellinoise boys pick your place and the rest of us will try to be there if possible. That time of the year can have nice weather, or not, as we all well know from last year.

I definitely don't want y'all picking a location based on my thoughts because that is during harvest time and I may not be able to attend regardless of where it is.

Moderator: the question has been resolved...it's at the same location as previous years. Clinton Lake SP

Halfling

Nancy and I will be in the Nissan Exterra again this year so let me know if you want me to bring that big white 12 X 24 canopy with side walls!

Looking forward to it!

Parman

OK after consulting with Jack, Gary, and Rod we have officially decided on Clinton Lake State Park as the official location for the NAGF IL M&G. Rod will be meeting with the Campground Host in the next few days to lock in the F-Loop like the past 2 events. However they will not allow for reservations prior to the Memorial Day weekend. There will be more to follow on the sites and when we can begin reserving the individual spots.

Sorry for so much confusion about the location of the event this year. Please disrguard any previous post about having the event at Rods place.

youngnbald

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Monkeytrucker

Larry, Beenshot, when you went home last year we figured you had enough antifreeze in your system to keep warm. The one we felt sorry for was Belinda.

Buckfarrack

Ladies and Gents,i have checked with Clinton Lake State Rec Area/ State Park,and we ARE within the reservation window NOW to reserve our campsite(s) for the 3rd annual NAGF IL M&G.

Click on the link below to reserve your site.We try to fill the circle drive at the end of the "F-Loop" Sites 8-18, or more after they fill up first to help keep us together.

IF you would like to share your campsite and split the fees with someone else,please post your site # and let us know you are willing to share please.Campsites all have electric and are 20$ per night,along with a 5$ reservation fee.(20+20+5)

This is one meet you will not want to miss!!!!  We have not worked out all the details on what all meat will be slow smoked on off-set wood cookers,or WHERE we will ride for the Friday evening dinner.But i will promise you...We will have plenty of food to eat Saturday!  A VERY good Breakfast AND Dinner will be served.

This year,i am asking every person attending our NAGF IL M&G , PLEASE, NO DONATIONS! I will provide the funds for the Breakfast and Dinner Saturday.If you want to bring sweets,or whatever you wish,is fine.Any receipts for the Breakfast and Dinner will be covered.

More details to come soon,along with an attendance list/sharing campsites and directions. 2 miles south of Dewitt,IL.

Lets have some fun.

Thank you for your attendance!

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/clinton-lake-state-recreation-area/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IL&parkId=451791#sr

I have reserved #17 for my unit and the cooking tents.I do have room for another unit.Jobe05 usually shares with me.I will update when i know for sure.(October 1st,2nd & 3rd,departing on the 4th)

I have also reserved site #9 for a Motorhome that will be pulling another cooking trailer.I think he will be sharing it with his helpers.(October 2nd & 3rd)

jobe05

I will be there and will PAY YOU FOR THE FULL SITE RENTAL!!!!!!!

As always, I'm looking forward to this event!!!

What a great way to end a riding season!!!

• Like 1

Parman

I have Site 12 reserved and will share with my son.

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

Not sure if the wife will go this year unless it is held in Florida.  LOL :Face-Raspberry:

She wouldn't go to Moonshine with me this year.  It was only 39F on my hill, but colder in the bottoms when i left at 7:30 AM my time.     6:30AM for you Illinoize guys.

youngnbald

I have campsite F13 reserved and willing to share.  Will be coming in later on Friday night and looking forward to all the fun!

Monkeytrucker

Mark, message sent.

youngnbald

Gary and I will be sharing F13.

kamikaze84

Cant wait too see all you guys.  :)

Halfling

Site F14 reserved and we will be sharing site with Beenshot (Larry and Belinda)!

We are bringing the large 12X24 white carport (with sides) again this year as well as 2 10X10 pop up canopies.

5-11-2015 10-06-33 AM.png

5-11-2015 10-31-46 AM.png

• Like 1

JGL351

Deb and I plan to be there.  We are looking to share. We will be riding with our aspen trailer