Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

3rd Annual NAGF Illinois M&G, Clinton Lake SP, Oct 2-4 2015

434 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buckfarrack

When: Oct 2-4, 2015

Where: Clinton Lake State Park, Illinois

Reservation Link: http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/clinton-lake-state-recreation-area/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IL&parkId=451791#sr&useOLMaps=N

Howdy all,Buck here,

Thought I would start the 3rd annual NAGF IL M&G thread so folks will have time to make plans for our event.

To give those who had not made it out to the last 2 NAGF IL M&G events,here's a piece of information about OUR MC/Camp meet.

First of all i want to take time again to Thank all the folks that have attended.With several meet-ups planned throughout the Season,

and this event being in October,all but 2 people came back to the 2nd NAGF IL M&G,despite the weather,several new faces joined us.

We had riders from 9 States,and 3 of our riding friends from Canada. THANK YOU ALL for making the trip!

We certainly hope to see each of you all again.

We are now able to 'reserve' our campsites,and start disscussing sharing them with fellow riders,

Just use the link and map to DIY and prepay @ Clinton Lake State Rec Area./Dewitt,IL. (all electric sites are $20 w/ a $5. reserve fee which can be divided x2)

erwjww /Jack and Monkeytrucker /Gary started this meet and asked me to Host it.

Buck

OFFICIAL LIST of Attendees

F Loopers!

#8 RHalbur / Thecruiser

#9 Cook crew Jeff & Dianne / John & Tammy

#10 Galaxyhunter / JGL351 & Deb

#11 Vacant

#12 Parman / Kamikaze84

#13 youngnbald & Michele / Monkeytrucker & his Bride

#14 Hafling & Fancy Nancy / Dusty Boots

#15 Vacant

#16 erwjww&erwa / pwhoever & his wife

#17 Cook Tent Buckfarrack & Donna / jobe05 & Becca

H Loop

#02 mailman01 & wife

• Like 3

jobe05

The Mrs and I (along with the two miss's) be there no matter were it is held, or which week is decided upon!!  I'll leave that up to others as I am flexible with my time.

The weather?..........  Nothing could possibly be any worse that it was last year unless you get 3 feet of snow.  However even with that, it never dappened the mood for the event!!!

• Like 4

Kar650

I think the 2 that didn't make it was me and my daughter. I was sick as could be, Hope to make it this year were ever everyone decides.  

• Like 1

kamikaze84

I also like the first week of October. Not picky of where it will be as long as I am able to hook up electric as I will probably be bringing the pop up camper. 

• Like 1

jobe05

Electric is a good idea for those that use Cpap machines, heaters and heating blankets!!!!  Gets cold up there in October...... and sometimes wet and windy.....

• Like 1

Halfling

Gets cold up there in October...... and sometimes wet and windy.....

:roflmao:

Buckfarrack

Right. I have four nice gravel pads that have 30 amp & a 110 receptacle  on each that is almost new service.Acually 3 sites,because I am fixin to pur a fifth wheel on one of the sites,and I changed it to 50 amp.Also plug-ins at the Yard Barn and the Picnic Shelter.All of these feed to a 100 amp New Service inside the Yard Barn. The gravel sites are wide and long,i believe we have room to park about five Aspens on each site w/o it being to squished.Also have room for a few more on the gravel w/o having to park any off the graveled areas.

All would be good as long as a 100 amp Service supplies everyone.

I will know more in a couple months after i get our place set-up.

Halfling

Any room for us poor tent dwellers???

:sad-face:

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

I would definitely be interested if the timing works out!   :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

You betcha John.. Dusty..y'all come,we'll fixya right up.Be an honor to have y'all back to our meet & greet.

I have 2 acres with a cliff at the rear that drops way down to a valley that we have access to.

We have room! 

Lots of really cool places to ride and visit while you are in the area!!

One,is a Cypress tree that is over 1000yo,43' (yes feet) in circumference,120' tall,and a spread of 100' 

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/parks/r5/CACHERVR.HTM

Dusty Boots

Sounds perfect, Buck!

• Like 1

beenshot

I'll be there!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Flyone

I'm looking at this.......hard.

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Well Fly yant lookin at it hard enough if ya ain't pencil'd it in yet ole buddy!

Fraid ya gonna have toooooo much Fun??? :SmileyTooth:

:welcome-signboard-smiley-emotic

Halfling

I'm in as usual!

• Like 1

Parman

I plan to be there. Hopefully I'll have an easier time cooking eggs with Beth this year. The winds were brutal last year while trying to cook..

• Like 1

RHalbur

First weekend works for better. But I can change my vacation if it gets decided soon.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I'm looking at this.......hard.

Holy schitt,  Hey Buck, is there going to be  a separate "Fly" zone? :Face-Smile-Big:

I'm in no matter when or where.

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

That's just Great everybody!

LoL Carl. Yeah,us ILLinoyz boyz  need to hold a 'special meetin' for that "Fly guy,"

cuz i remember walkin around with my thumb on my forehead making a fool of myself in front of large group of ES attendees....... :puzzled-smiley-emoticon:

:roflmao:

Chromo

You betcha John.. Dusty..y'all come,we'll fixya right up.Be an honor to have y'all back to our meet & greet.

I have 2 acres with a cliff at the rear that drops way down to a valley that we have access to.

We have room! 

Lots of really cool places to ride and visit while you are in the area!!

One,is a Cypress tree that is over 1000yo,43' (yes feet) in circumference,120' tall,and a spread of 100' 

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/Landmgt/parks/r5/CACHERVR.HTM

I'll be there and either place is fine with me.  Not real sure about "2 acres with a cliff at the rear that drops way down to a valley" though.

Might be some of us you'll want to put in the front not the rear, just in case! LOL

I still like F Loop but this sounds good also.

I think I would still prefer the first weekend of Oct. as that works nice with other events like Cycle Moors in MI. the weekend before.

For folks that want to do both but not local it works out pretty good that way.

• Like 1

kamikaze84

So can we put it in the books first weekend of October?

• Like 1

youngnbald

I am open and would like to attend anywhere the group decides.  I do like the first weekend of October and had no issue with F-Loop traditions.  With it being this close to my home, I could help with supplies again.  Even helped some non-campers with staying at my place.  Sounds like I need more oatmeal raisin cookies this year.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Yup,  .......   the 1st weekend of Oct works best for myself as well!  :thumbs-up:

I'm not adverse to trying out someplace new, but wherever y'all hold it is fine with me!

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Thank you all for your input.!st weekend in October is sounding good for quite a few.I don't want to make the decision quite yet until i hear from Jack and Gary what works for them too.Maybe i need to drop the idea for holding it in Southern ILLinois.The weather is way warmer,and the riding scenery is WAY better,but i kind of hate change,especially when something is working out pretty good for all of us.

So,LETS HEAR IT ((((MONKEYTRUCKER)))))) and (((((ERWJWW))))))))

jobe05

Warmer than last year???

No way!!      :Face-Smile-Big:

• Like 1