Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
beenshot

Our new camper

32 posts in this topic Last Reply

Dusty Boots

Gary  ...  I got a 12' length of the 1 1/2" AL angle for $9, at a place Called Johnson's Surplus, just west of White Pigeon, MI, along US 12

Monkeytrucker

Here they have us by the short hair. We only have one supplier that deals in pieces that big. That is where I get my steel. Prices for it are the best around but they only deal in 20-24 ft. lengths.

Estella gets touchy when I get near that place. "You NEED some more steel?" Of course my answer is I do not have what I need. Then she says "You have a rack of steel and 3+ miles of 2" pipe and you need more?" So I do not get to buy more stock. Well unless it is for something she wants.

The only salvage yard in our area has huge piles of material. However they will not sell anything. My metal sculpture friend who does stainless steel art was able to get his stainless from a place that did salvage stuff. They even put stainless in a special spot for him. Not any more, they closed down, graded every scrap with a dozer and sold the property for houses.

I am looking for steel drops from places that make things. Especially punched round stuff up to 2". No luck so far.

Dusty Boots

In the middle of installing new tires on my camper.

I bought a pair of 4.80-12 LRC 6 PR Kenda Loadstar Bias Trailer Tires from eBay back in Nov for $69 delivered and decided it's time to install them before the season starts and while I have a few spare moments.

One down  ...  one to go!

Going very well, so far!   :thumbs-up: 

post-3978-0-69651900-1431173802_thumb.jpg    post-3978-0-07909000-1431173821_thumb.jpg  post-3978-0-46013700-1431173858_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Did you use ether starting fluid to pop them out on the rims?

Makes it more fun that way and you do not have to spend time plucking your eyebrows or going to get your hair trimmed....

The last time I had to get a tire pop out onto the rim I kept spraying brake cleaner into the tire and could not get the WHOOSE needed to get the tire on the rim. Finally looked on the can and it said NON FLAMABLE. Dirty environment laws... Hey the ether worked real well.

Halfling

One thing that I have realized is that the bed is not a standard size. It is the length of a California King but 4 inches narrower.

Hey Larry, Nancy wants to know what you are using for sheets (size) if the mattress is narrower than a king?

Dusty Boots
(edited)

Did you use ether starting fluid to pop them out on the rims?

Makes it more fun that way and you do not have to spend time plucking your eyebrows or going to get your hair trimmed....

The last time I had to get a tire pop out onto the rim I kept spraying brake cleaner into the tire and could not get the WHOOSE needed to get the tire on the rim. Finally looked on the can and it said NON FLAMABLE. Dirty environment laws... Hey the ether worked real well.

Nothing as dramatic (or dangerous)  as that, Gary!

I just used a ratchet strap around the diameter of the tire to seal the tire against the rims until they popped.

Oh ya  ... I later broke the bead on one side of each tire I had just installed to add 1 1/2 oz of DynaBeads to balance them

Edited by Dusty Boots

beenshot

Hey Larry, Nancy wants to know what you are using for sheets (size) if the mattress is narrower than a king?

We just tucked the king size sheets way up under :SmileyTooth: They got a little loose during the night but it is camping, not suppose to be perfect, I guess.