Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
jobe05

Who's still out there Riding?

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

jobe05

I know winter has gotten to most of us but who is still out there riding?

Saterday is suppose to be nice here so Im going out for a quick ride........  it's been a few months since my last ride.

beenshot

I haven't rode any since Christmas Eve but the next 5 or 6 days are supposed to be in the 50's so I will get out for a few short rides. :thumbs-up:

Red Ron

Rode about 1,750 miles in the last month or so.

joe in calif

going on a ride in the morning. Has been in the low 70's here in sunny California  !!

Amrad37

We are still riding.  Granted we don't ride far because we don't have cold weather gear but as long as it's above freezing we will take the old girl out.  Unless it's because of ice or snow, we made an agreement to ride every month even if it means going around the block. :thumbs-up: 

OnaWingandaPrayer

daily :)

Hodgy

The only thing I am riding is my TEA Ferguson with the 3 PTH snowblower on the back !

mowerdoc

ride every day 

Parman

Lot of snow and salt up in these parts. Not much riding going on right now. :Face-Crying:

Chromo

I had to lock up the bikes in DEC. before going to visit the kid down south (in the car). That meant basically building a small 6x6 wall on my shop where a door should be. LOL

Been too busy to get out riding yet this year so not tore down the wall yet to get out the bikes.

THIS WEEKEND!!!

We are hitting low 50's maybe for days, perhaps dry, and I got cold weather gear if needed!

Wife said the other night though it was snowing like heck on her way near work and she got behind a salt truck! Forcast said clear and dry around 28F though.

So heck I can leave the yard just fine but 35 miles away hit snow and salt trucks???

I miss those 28F or so 4am rides I used to take, I think next week I will be riding most nights unless snow and ice!

lamasue

lets see minus 37 deg tonight up  north from me ummmm no not riding

roscoepc

I had to lock up the bikes in DEC. before going to visit the kid down south (in the car). That meant basically building a small 6x6 wall on my shop where a door should be. LOL

You built a wall to lock yer bike's up????????? Chromo, you're my new Hero of the Year!!!!! :thumbs-up:

Geezerglider

No choice but to ride to work as my truck is in the shop.  Tomorrow we're going on a pleasure ride with some friends.

Flyone

Riding tomorrow! Weather is now starting to cooperate finally!!!!

dadztoy

I'll be out for a ride tomorrow (Saturday Jan 17th) John    :thumbs-up: -  supposed to be near 60 here and maybe might ride on Monday too as the temps are supposed to be about the same...     Gonna cool off again after that...

Too bad you weren't a bit closer like western, NC -  I'd take a ride over and meet you for lunch, but your about 320 miles

away from me  :sad-face:

Les

jobe05

That would be a pleasure Les!  It's only 160 miles or so each, that wouldn't be to bad.....  Planning this time of year can be tricky, even though I can see the weather 10 days out, I don't believe it till the day of.  Ten days ago it was going to be 61 here, 5 days ago they changed that to 57, today the high will be 48............

May 29th M&G is right around the corner though!  Would love to see you there.

Parman

48 degrees is good riding weather. Just need to dress for it. I say saddle up and ride. I say you all should meet halfway and enjoy a nice hot bowl of soup and sandwich. :thumbs-up: 

Wish I had 48 degree days so I could get some riding in. :Face-Crying:

dadztoy

Waiting for it to warm up some now -  35 degrees here this morning and fog so thick I couldn't see the trees in the back yard, but the sun is out now and it will warm up fast especially with the wind coming out of the south this morning...  By 2PM or so, it will be riding weather!!! :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Hope to make the M&G John in May John...  As I remember I put down a "Maybe"...

Rampal1955

We finally got some sunny weather and about 53 degrees so I went riding.. Put 80 miles on today.. Approx.. 245 miles this year total....

Galaxyhunter

It was 40° today, & I made it out for a trip around the block (20 miles or so).  It was a little breezy out and when I was traveling in the cross wind, it got nippy. 

A tip for whoever,  If you want to type the degree symbol (  °  ),  all you need to do is to hold the "ALT" key down & type numbers  2   4   8

dadztoy

Got back from my 2 1/2 hour ride about 1/2 hour ago...  According to bike thermometer temps topped out

at 61 degrees - yippie!!!  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Snow still on the side of the roads up in Mahan Gap Pass and some signs of deicing agent seen on some roads as we had some black ice yesterday in some areas which delayed school openings for a few hours...

All in all, a decent day for a ride...  Didn't check the odometer but I'm guess I did 100+ miles or so this afternoon, and then filled up the bike at the local Speedway for $1.74 per gallon!!!  Can't beat that with a stick!!!

Might be able to sneak in another ride on Monday -  supposed to be near as warm...  Us retired guys can do

things like that!! :thumbs-up:

Les

BTW - that alt-2 4 8 didn't work for me...

Galaxyhunter

Got back from my 2 1/2 hour ride about 1/2 hour ago...  According to bike thermometer temps topped out

at 61 degrees - yippie!!!  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon

Snow still on the side of the roads up in Mahan Gap Pass and some signs of deicing agent seen on some roads as we had some black ice yesterday in some areas which delayed school openings for a few hours...

All in all, a decent day for a ride...  Didn't check the odometer but I'm guess I did 100+ miles or so this afternoon, and then filled up the bike at the local Speedway for $1.74 per gallon!!!  Can't beat that with a stick!!!

Might be able to sneak in another ride on Monday -  supposed to be near as warm...  Us retired guys can do

things like that!! :thumbs-up:

Les

BTW - that alt-2 4 8 didn't work for me...

Okay, it looks like it does not work with the keys above the letters, but it does work with the number pad on the right side of the keyboard.

jobe05

I didn't go for a ride yesturday, I got busy dumping my computer and reformatting the HD, even though the recovery disc didn't work after I wipped everything clean.....  Luckily I made a disc copy of Windows 7 and was able to temporarily get it running with that.  I had to oder the recovery disc, won't be here till the end of the month, then I do this all over again.......... 

dadztoy

Aw - bummer John - I hate when that happens...  I'm going to have to do the same thing pretty soon as my laptop is slowing doing significantly...  It's an Asus with an Intel Core 5 processor and 6 gig of ram but I have so much crap on it, it's just running slow...  I may try my repair disk I made and see if that does any good...  I really hate to do a recover with the disks I made when I bought it and start all over again UGH!!!

Actually, I keep putting it off as I know it's going to be a giant PITA!!!  Might try that repair disk tonight even though it boots OK, albeit sloooooow!!!

Les

and Galaxyhunter -  that does work, but you have to remember to turn num lock on ;)  - thanks

dadztoy

Rode yesterday (Monday) and today as well - just over 100 miles per day...  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon Temps here have been well above average and we have enjoyed two 66+ degree days in a row...  Gotta love it!!! 

Yard work beckons tomorrow or otherwise I would ride again as temps here will still be in the high 50's...  Cold front coming in after that and back to reality with highs only in the 40's, but it was a nice warm spell for the last several day...

Les

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,