Sign in to follow this  
papasmurf

Hopes & Dreams

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

papasmurf

Absolutely up to The Good Lord, at this point in our lives [ Elly/ yours truly ]. We're both seniors w/ health issues.

Have 2 - 3 weeks work on Wing to complete reassembly and first start attempt with 'new' '96A replacement engine.

If all goes well on both fronts, will be fit enough to work on Wing in late March/ early April and get it back on road.

Of course, this also depends on how many technical bugs encountered but we'll see how that goes.

We'd love to finally ride to R I so we can say we visited ALL 6 New England states by sidecar rig. Wish to  also visit

Battleship Cove again, in nearby Fall River, MA, where the WWII Battleship Massachusetts is berthed. Saw it once, 

many years ago but never on our Wing.

Also looking forward to go on day rides again, including roadside picnics, which are great fun for both of us. And you

never know what we'll find around the next bend or over the next hill. That's just how we found a Really Great

Butterfly Museum, full of beautiful, live butterflies of many species. It's also very enjoyable to be able to walk a 

beach together, which we've done often, even using our old pickup.  Dreams sometime do come true!

.....papasmurf  :)

mowerdoc

hope all goes well, wish i was closer i would give you a hand

OnaWingandaPrayer

I hope you get the rig back together for spring riding . Going out on day rides with our ladies is a great way to share time and take in the sights . Your correct about never knowing whats around the bend . 

papasmurf

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!

As I said: Elly/ yours truly are both seniors....we both have health issues.

Riding our Wing sidecar outfit has always been therapy for us, since 2002, when we started touring New

England every riding season. Hopefully, all final work on rig will get completed this coming Spring, if all

goes well. THEN we can resume our Summer rides.     .....papasmurf   :)