Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
papasmurf

On Used sidecars

1 post in this topic Last Reply

papasmurf

If you're about to get one or already did, have already touched on wheel bearings in Sidecar install 101: Part 1.

Mounts, hopefully, will match your tug & sidecar to make install easier. If no mounts came with car [ Example:

You own Wing...s/c came off H-D... mounts won't fit, work for you. You must purchase them from reputable s/c

dealer/installer, who will know what you need.

Check condition of a used car really well [ paint, body condition, windshield, top ( if any ), seat, carpeting, lights,

wiring, tire, rim, mounts, missing/damaged items, bolts & nuts, etc ]. If you find enough problems, seller may

lower their asking price.

Fix EVERYTHING which deals with safety, passenger comfort...do any aesthetic items later.

My 13 + year-old Friendship III has:

Cracked smoked plastic lower side panel [ local plastic dealer will cut a repair panel for me ]. 

Plan to replace some of my rusty Grade 8 mount bolts/self-locking nuts.

A few body dings, requiring paint touch-up [ already have paint pens in Honda colors ].

Need to finish interior wiring on two additional lights I have [ and plenty of color-coded wire ].

4" crack in floor panel in s/c truck. [ will repair w/ fiber glass mat, polyester resin/catalyst repair kit ]. 

Will do general check of entire car, fix all boo-boos, when warm weather returns.

'nuff said.....papasmurf   :)