Sign in to follow this  
papasmurf

Possible Goldwing sidecar rig Forum section request

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

papasmurf

HELLO:  Am old-timer...sidecar rig owner 45+ years...don't drive solo since 2001, when I drove our 'new' 1500 home 33 miles. This last outfit is 1995 GL1500SE with California Friendship III s/c on 24/7 13+ years. Do all my own maintenance [ am ex-USAF jet aircraft mechanic from Cold War era ] but don't do tire changes.

Had 7 solo cycles, then 4 sidecar rigs [ 3 previous rigs: Moto Guzzi El Dorado/ Eagle - BMW R69/ Hollandia - Honda GL1000/ California Friendship I ].

Our 1500 rig IS THE BEST OF THE BUNCH! Wife/ yours truly have toured all New England states [except RI] on it. Been to eastern NY state many times & Quebec once. LOVE riding with The Third Wheel [ NOT into trikes! ]. Was into m/c camping...too old now...use motels.  Am long-time member of the Northeast 3 Wheelers Club of Ludlow, MA...did their newsletter for 6 years.

Just wondered if anyone else here might be a Goldwing sidecar rig owner...might like to swap maintenance tips, stories, trip memories, etc.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!      TTFN.  .....Old Tom aka papasmurf in New Hampshire    :)

P.S.  What are Topic Tags?

jobe05

Done!!

You'll find it under the "Technical Discussion Forum"

Great Idea!  Thanks

Amrad37

I'm not much into sidecar but I think this is a great idea.  I like learning about different things.  Sounds like papasmurf has a few stories to tell  :Face-Smile-Big:

jobe05

I hope he has some pictures to...........

Halfling

P.S.  What are Topic Tags?

Hi Tom, glad you showed up!!!

Topic Tags are key words that help our software organize the data for easier searching. If you look in the right sidebar, the very last box is titled "Popular Tags". Click on one of those and it will immediately give you a nice assortment of information reradu for browsing! If everyone would put in a tag or two when they post it would be even better! Thanks for asking!