Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Boot

Time for a ride!

60 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buckfarrack

I got a little "Gypsy" in me too,and about half Hacksaw Indian,but even if you wrapped me in Owens-Corning pink and stuck a candle in my....you'd still have to lift me off the bike."I" would have froze to death! 

You tuff'r than me ol'buddy. Glad to hear you made it home safe and the damage on the bike isn't tooo bad.Enjoyed reading about you trip.

Boot

Thanks Rod......

jobe05

I enjoyed reading about it also, I just wished that Oyster cafe was open........

Probably not as much as you had wished it was open.... : ANGER :

Monkeytrucker

Hey Chip, Every time I go past Tom Helfrich's facility I think about you. Still wanting to pull in and get some pictures of my Bride in her Fiat posed up on 2. Only would be better if we had Buckfarrack's ride posed with her but slightly behind. A little photo shop work to add some details and Should make a good conversation piece.

Be safe and have a good ride. Hope to touch bases with you again.

Boot

MT........ After I left you all at the Illinois Meet and Greet I rode to Danville to visit Daughter and her family, then on to Evansville to have Paul Bhim (Midwest Custom Cycle Works check out my Monty Traxxion Suspension, etc..  I stayed with my Buddy Larry (Buckwheat) and Carol Gates.  We always have fun talking about the past and usually Tri-State Speedway is in the conversation!  Hope you and your Bride are staying warm.  I'll spend a week or so at Christmas with my Daughter, return to Pickwick Dam on the 26th then head for Florida and the IBMC News Year's Eve Bash at Cedar, Florida and hopefully beable to attend several Florida Prowlers Meet and Greet luncheons....

Doesn't seem like it's almost Christmas?  

thecruiser

I got a little "Gypsy" in me too,and about half Hacksaw Indian,but even if you wrapped me in Owens-Corning pink and stuck a candle in my....you'd still have to lift me off the bike."I" would have froze to death! 

You tuff'r than me ol'buddy. Glad to hear you made it home safe and the damage on the bike isn't tooo bad.Enjoyed reading about you trip.

Yer tuff'r than me too Chip. An Iron Butt Rider, I am NOT !

Boot

Larry.... Tuff? Don't think so at my age! lol. Just bundle up, plug-in and ride!!!

jobe05

I agree with Larry......

You just make it sound easy....

Boot

John & Larry..... Appreciate your comments! Probably see you both in May? Will see Larry in Florida this January at one or more of the Florida Prowlers luncheons.....

Boot

Well..... On the road again.... A road trip for my Buddy (Pier57 Motorsports) now at Knoxville picking up a 42' 15,000# 4 engine center console Cigarette fishing boat to Lauderdale, Florida.... Will hook-up the boat tomorrow morning and head South about 10-11am. Love road trips. Got my SPOT with me....

RRRep

I commute 32 plus mile each day in the Dallas area year around. Now that I have a Goldwing, I have yet had a need to wear my chaps. The heavy gloves and heated handgrips and a three season jacket keep me comfortable down into the teens including my feet. It has not been colder than that since I got a Goldwing but I would expect the singles would still be OK. Far different than my Suzuki Volusia 800 which had me fully dressing at anything below 40. I too am a ATGATT which is difficult when it is 102+ in city traffic.

As I grew up west of Green Bay WI, cold weather is nothing new to me. While in High school, my dad told me to go get a tool from someone else in town. It was ONLY -35F. I was waiting for my mother to come back with the car but my dad had another view. He said you go out in this weather and colder to go snowmobiling so get dressed and use you motorcycle to get the tool. So I got dressed, warmed up the bike and took my time driving on the snow covered streets to get what my dad needed. That has stayed with me for many years and is my answer to people asking why I still ride when it is considered cold in the Dallas area. There are a few of us hardy people that ride as long as we have good road conditions.

Some of us are just dedicated riders and enjoy it, not just fair weather want to bees.

Enjoy your time on 2 wheels until health and weather deters one from a safe ride.

mowerdoc

Hope your ride is safe

RRRep

Well I found my comfort level today. It was 15 degrees on my ride this morning. The underside of my thighs were getting cold. So next time I will have to wear my champs which should give me another 10-20 degrees for my legs but I believe that would then be record cold days for this area.

Boot

RRPep........ I've rode in 23*, but! there's is surely a big difference between 23* and 15*...... You are TUFF!!! lol. I'm in Northern Florida since the 26th of December, I thought it was cold this morning at 30*..... Having a good time riding daily.... Chip

mowerdoc

got the wife to do southern cruisers polar bear ride last year at 27* she started it so when went she said never again

Large1

got the wife to do southern cruisers polar bear ride last year at 27* she started it so when went she said never again

They seem to get a little out of sorts when it gets cool don't they!  Mind says I am nuts for riding when its cold. So I get more solo time

mowerdoc

she was fine for the first 75 miles then her hands got really cold no heated gear

QDaddy

Been riding the Kubota lately. Darn white stuf....

Flyone

Joe........think South. Just sayin'! Come on down!

Boot

Hello all! As mentioned prior, been in Florida since 26DEC and as of today ridden 4,475 miles. Only two days did I not ride due to rain. Been real good riding, temps lows of high 30* to high 40* night time and high daytime temps of 65* to 80* in the Ocala areas... Been attending many if not all of the Florida Prowlers RTE luncheons and tomorrow a breakfast. Some really fine riders and really good restaurants!!! Even ran into and had lunch with my Michigan buddy "thecruiser" Larry and June Kopemkoskey ..... Two weeks ago rode to Fort Lauderdale Beach on business returning to Sebring to have dinner with long time friends... Good times! In years pastI would be heading back to Pickwick Dam, TN mid February....... But, Daytona Speed Week Dirt Track Racing starts in two weeks? Then......Daytona Bike Week starts March 6th thru March 15th.... Well what am I to do but stay longer! lol.

• Like 1

thecruiser

Well Boot, it's been a pleasure having you in Florida. Some Good Prowlers around here as you know. I've only been to a couple of RTE's this month. Most are in the 'north country' and we are in Lake Wales. In March we'll be in Live Oak, FL, maybe we can make a few more up there.

In the meantime, I have my bike apart some, having parts powder-coated BLACK. I'll post pics when I can.

Tomorrow is my last day at work (mission project) for Jan. On Monday we will be heading for Key West where we'll take a boat Ride to the Dry Tortugas. Be back later in the week. We'll be here in Lake Wales for the month of Feb also. Just have a week off. Ahhhh VACATION!

Boot

Larry.... The Dry Tortugas/Fort Jefferson is not only interesting but the water is beautiful! 1998 I spent 3 days in the anchorage waiting for calmer seas to run outside in open water. Each day we spent the mornings at the Fort and the afternoons at Loggerhead Island swimming. If the water is calm inside the reef from Key West to the Fort you'll view the prettiest water and islands (Keys) in the States. Wear comfortable shoes for the much walking needed to view the Fort! Bottled water also!!! I lived at Marathon 1995-1998.....

• Like 1

thecruiser

Thanks for the tips, Boot.

We were in Key West last year. There is a restaurant we like really well, the Turtle Kraals, right on the harbor. While there last year we decided we'd seen about everything we were interested in except the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jackson. Without our own boat (not much boat people) we'll be taking the Yankee Freedom 'tour boat'.

post-254-0-94300400-1422529608_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-55718200-1422529669_thumb.jpg

post-254-0-60908800-1422529701_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

HasteMaker

Hey Larry, are y'all down in Key West now?

thecruiser

No Tommy, We're heading down there this Monday am. Have reservations at a motel on the Marathon Key for three nights and a reservation on a boat on Wednesday to the Dry Tortugas.

Are you down there now?

BTW, the pics in the above post are from a couple of years ago.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,