Sign in to follow this  
Buckfarrack

UPDATE on my BIL in TEXAS

42 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buckfarrack

Again,i would like to Thank Each and Everyone of You for the cards and Prayers sent to my BIL Mike in Texas.

For all of you that has read this thread,and others,that watched the updates my Nurse SIL has provided,here's the rest of the story....

We visited Mike in the Austin Neuro rehab center during Christmas.He is confined to a wheel chair,and at night he is locked inside a plastic bubble that drops over his bed,he calls a "Chicken Coop" LoL.The first visit he wheeled out to the main area for a couple hours,then i pushed him outside.(74* and sunny) Mike talked to us like normal,but only 2 times he sort of went off track,but realized he did.The second visit,Mike was dealing/advising with one of his employees that came to pick-up electronic equipment from his wifes SUV in the parking lot.Mike was actually running his business from his wheelchair in the parking lot and did not go off track one single time.He KNEW what was going on,and advised his workers on what to do and what comes next.

The THIRD visit,Mike was Sooooooooooooo HAPPY! " They let me outta the Chicken coop" His brain has rewired itself!!!! He wants out of this place right now,but he knows he needs to stay there until he learns to stand and walk.The next day....Mike calls and said he gets a "pass" to get out for a day on Christmas Eve day.Three days prior,there was NO WAY.He visited his HOUSE,his sons Christmas party,and had to be back by midnight.He got back at 8pm and had a hard night,his IV got tore out and was restless all night but the Doc decided to leave it out.Man was THAT a PLUS!.The next day Dec 25th. they said he done very good and gave him another "pass" for the day.He called me and said he will be at the family Christmas dinner.I had a super hard time waiting for him to show-up and surprise the whole family.It was so tearful,a few of the family members could barely stand up.

Donna and I got a chance to meet Mikes Brain surgeons,and they confess,This man IS a Living Miracle! 

We still can't believe how well he is doing so soon. Beginning Oct 2nd,SIX Brain surgeries for 'Bleeding of the Brain', 7 weeks in ICU with nearly 3 weeks totally lifeless after all the surgeries,not even a nerve or an eye response.Tubes draining from his head outside,down to, back inside his stomach . 80% mortality rate and,more than likely brain dead if he lives........And now fixing to walk out of rehab....

I'm a believer.I truly think Praying for the guy helped him through this.I just don't know any other way to see it.

m2102

that is some awesome news on your bil. from the road he had to travel to get where he is today, doesn't sound like anything will stand in his way.

:thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Parman

Great news Rod. Glad to hear he is doing so well.

OnaWingandaPrayer

Very good news . Thanks be to the Lord . May the healing progress continue .

Halfling

God Bless him Rod, what a fighter! This is great news and I'm so glad you shared it with us! Humbling to say the least.

Monkeytrucker

That is Fantastic and I know it relieves a large load from the family.  Especially for you and Donna who we all know and are blessed to do so.

It is amazing what the human body, with the help of trained medical people, can do to repair itself.  Maybe someday we will understand and know how to trigger the brain to defeat cancer and Alzheimer's. 

Take care and keep the updates coming.

Amrad37

Such awesome news.  We will continue to pray for his recovery.

mowerdoc

glad he is improving more prayers coming your way

Joep

Glad to hear about your bil.. Lord is blessing y'all... keep us up on the progress great news!! ! !

Buckfarrack

BIL Mike got transferred from the Austin Neuro Rehab Center to a San Antone Rehab that is better suited for the next step.(no pun intended)

Text'd him couple nights ago and said has made it to walking 650 feet a day with a walker and two assistants in case he starts to go down. When he gets to 900' per day they will start over w/o the walker. I just wanted to post this to show how L O N G of a process this man is going through. They dang sure wasn't lying when they said it will be one step at a time,but at least he has been given an opportunity to rehabilitate himself,and he is working very hard.

Stay tuned..

Buck

Flyone

Prayers still coming out of Georgia.......

Parman

Great news to hear. Glad he is making steady progress.

Still have him in my prayers.

Buckfarrack

Well,it has been a while since the last update on my but,to let yall know,he is STILL in rehab.The good news is,they are thinking around mid April letting him go home.

He has been walking only with a cane for some time now but my guess, there must still be coordination problems to keep him this long.

He has been given a few more weekend passes to get used to life outside of the rehab center in San Antone.They are very concerned about him tripping,falling down,and bumping his head.He CANNOT do that!!!

Anyway,Thank each and every one of you again for all the well wishes and prayers that were sent.This man is a living miracle as all the Doctors agree.

He first went to the ER , OCTOBER 2ND....5 or 6 Brain surgeries later, bet Mike is counting the minutes to get the heck out of there.

• Like 3

OnaWingandaPrayer

ITs good to hear that Mike is making progress and able to be mobile . May the Lord continue to send improvments his way .

• Like 1

pwhoever

Mike has come a long way. I'm sure he is looking forward to getting out of rehab. Glad to see that update.

• Like 1

Parman

Great new Rod. Glad to hear he has made so much progress.

:thumbs-up:

Halfling

What an ordeal he has gone through...I'm so glad you posted an update Rod! Prayers still being lifted up for a speedy recovery. God Bless