Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
thecruiser

Ride For The Relay

35 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ghost Rider 2

I have to talk to my wife.  See if we can get our vacation time worked out for this.  I would love to make the trip, just see if work will be happy if I gone this long.  If I go we will be on the red eye express coming back home.

Boot

GR2..... I'm not opposed to a "Red Eye Express" back to the Mid-South! If at the last minute I would decide to come straight home at a thunderest blast of speed I would more than likely not take my Mini-Mate camper? Nine months to think about all the fun and wonderful sights to be seen! Could be a three day ride from Santa Monica Pier to Pickwick Dam, Tennessee......

• Like 1

thecruiser

Boot,

In 2010, on my way back, I stopped in Phoenix to visit my sister-in-law for a couple of days. From there to North Carolina for the Wings Over The Smokeys Rally,... was a 3-day Ride.

An FYI,.. check with Rodger Fox at the beginning of the Ride,... in 2010 the motels charges the same price going home as going out. BUT you had to make the reservations while there on the way out. Easy to do,... and cancel if you don't need.

Boot

Larry that would be good... I'm up for about any type of trip home as I'll have accomplished my Route 66 ride going West!!! For me, I'm looking forward to the ride and for the cause to fight Cancer........

thecruiser

Larry that would be good... I'm up for about any type of trip home as I'll have accomplished my Route 66 ride going West!!! For me, I'm looking forward to the ride and for the cause to fight Cancer........

Didn't mean to suggest you stay at all  the motels  as on the way out. But the most direct route east (and fastest) is I-40. Almost all of Route 66, west of Oklahoma City parallels or is  I-40.  ( your more than 1/2 way home)  It's nice to be able to 'crash' (even for a few short hours) in a nice place at about 1/2 the goin' rate.

Boot

Larry.... I agree with your thoughts, understand NOT all motels. Nice option I have is I don't really have to be anywhere most any time. I look forward to the 2015 RFTR schedule to be posted, then the fun begins for me in the planning of the daily sites I might want to see....

McDave

I am planning on going all the way this year. I rode with Rodger in 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 and went to Chicago each year since to see them off. A nicer bunch of folks you will never meet. Since this is the last year I HAVE to go all the way. Riding the 5 years I did I learned one thing. Being part of this ride doesn't allow you to make new friends. It enables you to meet family you did not know you had. There is a lasting bond that forms on the ride and Rodger is the glue.

You do not have to ride the entire ride. You can start at the beginning and ride a day or two or meet up somewhere along the way and ride for a few hours. You won't regret it.

Check out the website linked at the beginning of this thread. Rodger has started working on this years ride.

Dave "Switch" Jones

McDave

Lets bump this to the top.

thecruiser

An FYI for this Ride. I know Boot and I was all hot n heavy for this Ride but a lot has happened since last Oct and we've decided not to go.

This IS a great event and if you haven't ever been on it, this is the last year it will be hosted by Rodger Fox and is highly recommended.

http://ridefortherelay.org/

Road Runner

Larry - friends rode it for a few years...

R & R friends Butch and Judy in 2014

IMG_0747_zpsfdf11baf.jpg

IMG_0760_zps717a2dc2.jpg

IMG_0739_zps91a0416e.jpg

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,