Sign in to follow this  
RitzyGoldwing

Carburetor Cleaning

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

RitzyGoldwing

:wave:Hey everyone, another newbie question, I want to get a recommendation on an additive I can pour in to my gas take to help clean the carbs. My bike has been in winter lay-up but I have never used any fuel stablizer. About every two months or so, I would go and start the bike and for the most part she has always started right up. The only issue I seem to run into is a slight stutter or hesitation on hard acceleration. So what would be the best thing to add to the fuel during my upcoming trip this weekend that would help to clean out the carbs and make running a bit smoother? My destination will cover about 250 miles of most all freeway driving and up and over a mountain pass. Should it be a pure carburator cleaner, Seafoam, or some other addititve? I just don't have time or the knowledge right now to disassemble the bike and do a carb rebuild, cleaning what ever. So any recommendations are welcome:yes:

Joep

Many have used seafoam to do that.. half can to tank of gas... for about 6 tanks then just every other tank or so..

Joep

Btw.. these questions should be asked in the technical forum.. more people look there... some don't come here and say howdy back and you think we don't like you after that...

mort952

!Like Joep said! :wave: Welcome from Minnesota

Attached files 179163=5649-53.gif

RitzyGoldwing

Thanks