Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Rider 2

Top 100 motorcycle roads list

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ghost Rider 2

found this on another site. Thought I would share it here.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?s=75

Ghost Rider 2

I went down the list and counted. So far I have riden 12 of these roads.

Joep

I have been on 2 I know of..but from a cage... Hwy 1 PCH and the Sedona, AZ Hwy 89a...

Ghost Rider 2

Joe I see the # 1 roads is in Texas. Dan told me about it. Someday I would like to do the Twisted Sisters.

m2102

took a quick look and thought, hat the heck. went ahead and signed up, it's free. it has 80 pages of rides with probably 12 on each page. who knows, someday I mite work up to trying some nearby

Joep

Yeah I saw that Jerry.... also saw the Natchez Trace on there.. and that is in Tennessee.. I have been by it several times... looks like a good spring or fall trip.. for the flora... and maybe a summer trip because of the shade..

yooperfan

I have been on #13 in the cage twice. We drove it from end to end. I would enjoy going back on the wing.

tinknocker

I live within minutes of several of these roads in Ohio and in my opinion and that of several friends these aren't even the best roads in the area...

m2102

I checked out some on the sight and sent a question to the contact us link. sent 2 o 3 all together and no reply from either one. I thought I read that you can down load the roads but don't see where

jobe05

Going through the list quickly, I recognize 6 or 7 roads that I have been on, then I see several others that are close enough to try someday and others that are farther away that I would like to ride.........  Someday....

CO Canyon Carver

Joe I see the # 1 roads is in Texas. Dan told me about it. Someday I would like to do the Twisted Sisters.

This road should never make a top 100 list. What a huge disappointment the sisters are.

Dusty Boots

I've ridden 1, or 2 of these.   ;)

• Like 1

jobe05

I've ridden 1, or 2 of these.   ;)

I was thinking you were the guy that created the list!!!!  :Face-Smile-Big:

No one knows these roads better than our Canadian Brother!!  :thumbs-up:

beenshot

This road should never make a top 100 list. What a huge disappointment the sisters are.

I agree!!!!! I rode the sisters last year and while I did enjoy the hill country and the BBQ, there is No way that they make anywhere near the top of a best roads list.

JGL351

I did a check through the list and I have ridden all or part of 32 of these.  I was surprised to see the roads through Lassen Volcanic, Yosemite and Kings Canyon - Sequoia National parks didn't make the list.

youngnbald

I rode all the Twisted Sisters last year and didn't think it was anything special.  I had a better time in Tennessee.  I have videos from the Twisted Sisters posted on here somewhere.  The roads were rough in Texas.  Not smooth concrete or black top.

irish66

Saw 8 i have driven.

Cant think how many times i have ridden the sisters!

roscoepc

Nice Bump for an older thread!! Personally I recommend "The Snake", US 421 from Mountain City, Tn. to South Holston Dam, Tn.! A nice scenic ride that has some good twisties but gives some pretty good views with the obligatory stop at the Shady Valley Country Store! http://www.shadyvalleycountrystore.com/  At Jobe05's BRP M&G in 2015 I was wanting to have a ride on the Snake for the out of state people but it would've been a bit much given the time constraint's for that Saturday..... Oh Well, Maybe next time!!

youngnbald

The Snake is a fun road.  I pushed it fast and you don't have the traffic like you do on the Dragon.  The Twisted Sisters wasn't the best.  It did have some interesting stretches of road, but not the top of the list.

youngnbald

Found the video when I rode the Snake for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFGlwFb4uRs