Sign in to follow this  
hobo2011

brake pads

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

hobo2011

can anyone recommend the best brake pads for my baby. i have found many different types and was wondering whats the best. got a big run coming up in october and trying to do maintenance before then. thanks in advance.. hobo:twitch::twitch::doh:

m2102

when I went to replace mine I got sintered metal& ceramic brake pads. model# FA124. memory don't go back over a year as to where I got them but I got both front and the rear pads for around 35$. Ghost Rider 2 just got the same ones í believe a couple months ago for the same price. the work pretty good in wet conditions, no slipping. maybe he'll see this and jump on or you could pm him.

hobo2011

appreciate the info, 1st time for me to replace myself. had the baby for a couple yrs now and feeling slower stopping power. i will definitely check those out.

m2102

they have great grabbing the warmer they get from using them. gonna try a google search to see if I can find them again

m2102

ebay has them for both front and the rear pads for 28$ free shipping. just do a search for your bike and get the list of them

m2102

replacing them is pretty easy, at least mine were. just remember to clean the calipers and any brake dust you can see with brake cleaner spray. don't need all that junk rolling around in there, could shorten the life of the pads. also remember to put some gear grease on the threads to keep them from seizing and possible rusting. helps them to go in easier too

Ghost Rider 2

The set I put on the 1500 came from ebay. They seem to work pretty good. The ones I bought are a carbon pad. Will go look and see if I still can pull it up

m2102

these are the ones I put on mine. Front Rear Sintered Brake Pads - 1990-2000 1991 HONDA GL 1500 SE/A/I Goldwing

m2102

well that stinks, no link

m2102

160991306781, ebay item number

papa g

:wave::wave::wave:Welcome from Vancouver Island Canada.

When it comes to brakes only the best will do.

Enjoy your ride in oct.

We here like lots of :picture::picture::picture:

Joep

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area.... I agree Kevlar way to go.. less wear on the rotors.. maintains stopping power..