Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Buckfarrack

Chief Joseph,Beartooth,Black Hills,Yellowstone,Flaming Gorge

54 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buckfarrack

My wife and I just got back home from a MC trip we had planned for a year.

Now i find myself asking,over and over...WHY DID WE COME HOME! We had sooo much fun and saw so many breath taking views.Pictures are ok but they just don't show the depths and scenery like being there.The ol 97 Wing and trailer performed flawlessly for 4,468 miles.Oh,and the Austone car tire looks like it has 50 miles on it!

Anyway,i WILL post a few of the places we rode and camped.

First of all,this is ME camping in Yellowstone.We stayed at Canyon Campground,"F 118" loop for a few days.We got woke-up 2am in the morning by a ranger saying there is bear activity in the campground.Two people were setting at a picnic table eating and a black bear came up took all their food and started walking around pawing at a few tents.Rangers hazed him off,but he returned at night.They tried one more time but the bear refused to leave so they had to shoot it.You can giigle Canyon Campground Bear shot and find the whole story.June 22nd

I chugged a couple beers and slepped like a baby.LOL Actually the wife was snoring before i was out.

Attached files 170528=5139-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 274.jpg

Buckfarrack

Flaming gorge road from Rock Springs,Wy. to Veranl,Utah.Man what a great road to ride.Meet another vehichle every 45mins or so.Beautiful canyon country.We camped north of Vernal in what THEY call a State Park.No Electric amd in the middle of a Jungle!!!! Real freaky camping out there. Camp surronded by six foot tall wierd looking plants.Animals would stick their heads out every once in a while to see what you are doing.Might of slept with ONE eye open that night. Mountian lions just tooo sneaky for me!

Attached files 170529=5140-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 016.jpg

Buckfarrack

Grand Canyon of Yellowstone! Had a bear chase viewers outta here too! They are starting to think there is too many people visiting YS and the bears are getting up close. DUH!!!!!!!

Man was this a beautiful area! Upper and Lowers falls,and them this fast flowing river.

Attached files 170530=5141-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 281.jpg
  • Like 1

Buckfarrack

Hard to get a pic of my wife of 36 years,Donna.She turns or runs,lol A bit camera shy i guess.Here's about the close i got to getting a shot of her.We are camping at a SP just outside of Cody,Wy. I COULD live in Cody! Really like that town.Just west od Cody you go thru 3 tunnels and then you ride in a canyon with a very long lake running beside the roads for miles.You just have to see it to believe.

Attached files 170531=5142-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 194.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Bluestar memorial highway.Going from Vernal,Utah,east to into Colorado.We camped in Hayden,Co along US40.

Attached files 170532=5143-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 038.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

On top of Beartooth.It was 27* and blowing snow for over twenty miles.At one point i almost turned back.We went over Chief Joseph AND Beartooth in one trip.It was 120 miles of mountians to cross coming from Cody to Red Lodge,Montana.

WOW what a trip!When we were at "Top of the world" a few other bikers told us went probly shouldn't try it! I thought,if THEY done it,i can too!!! So away we went...

Attached files 170533=5144-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 210.jpg
  • Like 1

Buckfarrack

Some more...

Attached files 170534=5145-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 216.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Dull and cold up there...

Attached files 170535=5146-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 209.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

I wated a video of a bus going thru a VERY SMALL TUNNEL in the Black Hills by the "Eye of the Needle" mountian,before we left on this trip.

Well,we just happened to be in the right place at the right time to watch this bus driver go thru in person!!!!! NOBODY thought he could get thru and i told them i watched him do it on video.Well,he DID go thru.He scraped both sides of the bus and had to back-up once,but he DONE IT!!!!.It was cool as hell watching this live.

Attached files 170536=5147-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 118.jpg
  • Like 1

Buckfarrack

Got stuck a couple times...LOL WOW! You had to be there!

Attached files 170537=5148-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 120.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Here's the eye of the needle...

Attached files 170538=5149-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 123.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Of course we got Rushmore....Several pics of this from three differnt roads in the mountians.

Attached files 170539=5150-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 144.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

And crazy horse....

Attached files 170540=5151-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 126.jpg

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Ole girl purr-n along smoothly on an open road....All gauges in check.... Double Darkside-n and the fully loaded 565lb trailer following like dream fellas!

There is NOT a better touring/cruising bike in this world! There's no way.

Attached files 170541=5152-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 068.jpg

Buckfarrack

Chief Joseph highway.

Attached files 170542=5153-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 222.jpg

• Like 1

mort952

:clap::clap::looking: looks like you had a good trip !! Thanks for taking us along

• Like 1

Buckfarrack

Grand Tetons....

Attached files 170544=5154-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 008.jpg

Buckfarrack

Knuckle saloon in Sturgis.

Attached files 170545=5156-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 152.jpg

Buckfarrack

Sittin in the Full Throttle Saloon,just outside of Sturgis,and a donkey comes walkin in.Went to several tables looking for food or to be pet.LOL

Went to a bar in Custer City that DID NOT have a floor! They had six inches deep of SAWDUST ONLY ! The huge patio was three inches of BROKEN GLASS that had been tumbled to round the sharp edges.COOL as HELL!!

I told em,in Illinois,they won't even allow 'peanut shells' on the floor! LOL

The older fella setting there said...Out here WE elect our law-makers.

Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached files 170546=5157-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 164.jpg

Buckfarrack

Wife spotted a gray wolf next to the road.Thousands of (MONSTER SIZED)Buffalo and they are NOT afraid.When they come,you leave.Saw a bear too along the road,Antelope,Pronghorn Sheep and a HUGE Bobcat! It came walking in the campground right to the neibors camping trailer.It started to go around it,right next to the camper,when it seen the DUDE LAYED BACK IN A LOUNGE CHAIR and totally freaked out and ran wide open back to the trees!!!!!

I walked over and told the guy and he about CHIT! Tried to grab my camera but it was tooo late. It was a cat,but it was TWO FOOT TALL.

Gotta love forrest camping w/o any utilities.You see a lot more wildlife,that's for sure.

Attached files 170547=5158-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 263.jpg
  • Like 1

Buckfarrack

Lost count how many times we crossed the divide.This is in southern Wyoming,where we crossed it 3 or four times,then rode the Rockies from north to south in Colorado.

Attached files 170548=5159-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 006.jpg

Buckfarrack

Wife caught this shot while rounding a curve.Cool pic i thought.

Attached files 170549=5160-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 167.jpg

Buckfarrack

Wounded Knee .Man is this place OUT in the middle of NOWHERE.

THANKS MORT!

and i gotta say,MIKE was spot on about the cee-baileys+4 Windshield.I bought one just before we took off and BOY am i glad i did!!! I LOVE the thing! Super wide and clear.No brainer if you ask me.And the Corbin seat we both think is better than the leather seats in our new Impala OR my 2009 Chevy truck.You can ride for miles.

I bought this (upgraded) bike November 7th with 65,370 miles on it.I now have 75,968 miles on it,and all i have done to it was plugs filters and oil. I think i'm in love.

Attached files 170550=5161-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 097.jpg

Buckfarrack

Starting mileage 71,474

June 15th 2013

Attached files 170553=5162-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 085.jpg

Buckfarrack

Ending mileage. 75,942

June 15th 2013 - July 2nd 2013

4,468 miles. States...Illinois,Iowa,South Dakota,Wyoming,Montana,Utah,Colorado,Kansas and Misouri.

Attached files 170554=5163-Yellowstone mc trip 6-15-13 075.jpg