• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 DOC1500

DOC1500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

does anyone know if Sierra Electronics can install an RCA output from the preamp of these radios to attach an external amplifier ????...or has anybody had this done. the reason I ask for output from the preamp and not the speaker outputs is from my experience the signal from the preamp VIA RCA cables going to an external amplifier is CLEANER.:baffled:

#2 Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

Generally if you can get your signal from before the internal amp, it is cleaner sound as the amp tends to "muddy the waters" so to speak. SO IF it can be done, this would be the better way to go. I do not know if S.E. can do this or not. . . . let us know what you find out.

#3 AspectOne

AspectOne

AspectOne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock
  • Goldwing Model:GL1100
  • Model Year:1982
  • First Name:Chris

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

Perhaps this pic and quote will give you some ideas.....

"The only pins I originally used were Pin #9 positive, Pin #17 ground, pin #18 backup power(memory), pin #1 front right speaker +, pin #2 front right speaker -, pin #3 front left speaker -, and pin #4 front left speaker +. You can determine the pins by holding the factory connector in your hand and look down into the pins. I don't know why they just didn't go in order on the connector... None of the other pins matter. Since I now am using the rca out jacks to my amp, I only have 3 wires connected, those being the positive #9, ground #17 and the backup/memory #18. Make sure that the Scosche adapter has wires in the proper slots and connect the corresponding wires from the new aftermarket stereo to the proper wires. Also, there is a seller (autoware302) on ebay that sells the Scosche DO01B connector I used to connect to the factory wiring for $1.00 + $3.49 for shipping here. He sells them one at a time so if this one gets sold, just search his home page.

I now have my "new to me" dash panel courtesy of Willie's Cycles of Camp Hill, AL tmdriverwannabe helped me out with that one. I am just waiting on the new LED dash light I ordered. I will have some new photos showing how the Infinity Ref 5022i 5-1/4" speakers look with the XTC baffles and where I had to do some grinding on the inside of the dash panel to get it to fit over those speakers.

"

A1

#4 heinzeroth

heinzeroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500 SE
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:Ben

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

I installed an aftermarket radio on my 97' GL1500 SE and radio works fine. My question is if I need to run 12V+ to any of the 6P connectors for pins 28-33? I want to retain LED dash for air shock pressure and see reverse switch as well, not sure what blanking term refers to? Does anyone know where I can find the female 6P connector wiring harness adapter?

#5 pwhoever

pwhoever

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationN/E Illinois
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500 and GL1800
  • Model Year:1997 and 2007
  • First Name:Mike

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

When I installed my Sony Marine radio on my 97 aspencade, even though I used an adapter for radio to plug into the factory wiring/connectors, the air shock pressure and the clock still showed up on the dash display. The dash display still worked like it should with the exception that nothing radio related showed up on it.

Iirc, I didn't have anything connected to that 6-pin connector after removing the factory radio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users