• T-Shirts
  • Oval Patches
  • and Meal Tickets
  • Click on the NAGF Online Store!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

2,820 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

I've been busy riding and working and haven't posted in a while, so it's time to catch up.  Last wednesday, I rode to meet mrs.Y for lunch.  I took the scenic route home for a total ride of 50 miles.

I typed that a week ago but must not have hit submit reply because it was still here when I tried to make a new post.  It's a classic example of sleep texting.

yooperfan

I've been busy riding and working and haven't posted in a while, so it's time to catch up.  Last wednesday, I rode to meet mrs.Y for lunch.  I took the scenic route home for a total ride of 50 miles

Hmmm, now I'm confused.  It's still here even though I obviously sent it already.

yooperfan

It's gone now, so I guess it's safe to start a new post. 

I left home on tuesday morning at 6 AM with temps at 37* to ride to a meeting near where I work.  I was back home for a few minutes before riding to an appointment in town.  At 3 PM, I rode to 2 more meetings near work.  It was 49* on the way there but only 34* for the ride home at 10 PM.  Total ride for the day was 90 miles.  I'm not sure that my riding season is done yet, but it's getting closer.  Salt has been spread at work, so i won't be riding there anymore for a few months and the temps are about to take a dive.  Time will tell but I'd like a little more time in the saddle before putting the cover on.

Ghost Rider 2

Well I got pretty lucky yesterday.  December 20th and forecast looked pretty good. Cool but sunny  left out at 30 degrees but very little wind.  Made a little run down south and found nice burger at the Moonshine store.  Stopped at a couple Honda dealers on way home. saw the display say 48 degrees around 2 in the afternoon.    Total for the day was just couple miles short of 300. 

KReitz124

another nice day here but no riding.   cleaned her up , filled the tank,  put the tender on and covered her up until the next nice day that I can ride

Indianawantsme

Got up to 59F today as i was doing some errands in town and then some back roads.  80 miles today and only saw a Harley trike at Walmart. Would have been more miles but stopped at son's to drop off stuff for grandkids and stayed a while. 

Need to ride the 67 Suzuki tomorrow before it rains if i can.  It has been neglected for a while.  

Monkeytrucker

Steve, you are a lucky dog getting to ride.  Our road commissioner has been playing with a road grader pulling ditch gravel back into the roads and making ditches that actually carry water.  Then he has been dragging the roads with a maintainer.  The gravel is so deep on the road now that the Fiat belly pan drags in spots.  No chance of riding the bike the mile to the hard road.  Say Hi and Merry Christmas to Rowenna for us.

AZgl1800

got up to 64* yesterday, poured in some Stabil, rode it around the block, put her to sleep with her pillow, er, uh, Battery Tender.

Mountain Rider

New oil and filter, Seafoam and marine staybyl in the tank, and finally started removing the lower faring so I can remove the radiator, hoses, and timing belt covers.  January's project is to get the air filter, timing belts, thermostat and hoses changed, new coolant in her, brake and clutch fluid changed, and the new rear brake pads done.    February she gets the Sat radio installed, new helmets for us, a thorough cleaning and waxing, and wind wings installed.  Hopefully March will show us some early riding weather.  I changed the oil from the Lucas 20/50 to Lucas 10/30.  We'll see if she stays quiet, the shifting remains smooth, and if the fuel  mileage comes up.

Edited by Mountain Rider
  • Like 1

NC Aspenwing

I haven't even looked at It for a week, since they (DOT) have put down salt brine It will stay In the building!

AZgl1800

Went out and patted her on the back, open the saddle bags and sorted things out a bit...

Thought about maybe going for a ride, but 44* on the mercury scale put an end to that thought.

Gearing up for a Cold Weather ride is just no fun, by yourself, just for a 10 miles ride to town.

I can get in the car, go to town, and be back, before I can get all the ATGATT on for a cold ride.

KReitz124

Was able to get in a 40 mile ride yesterday.  60 degrees in Ky in January is pretty nice.  May sneak in another one this morning before cleaning her up and putting her back to bed.  Calling for rain, sleet and snow tommorrow

Indianawantsme

Looked at the Wing yesterday and condensation all over it. I wiped some of it off.   Shed is really damp and yard is a soppy mess.     Hooked up the battery maintainer since it looks like it may be sitting a while now.  

Was able to get the 300# '67 Suzuki 250cc out of the shed and through the yard no problem and  rode about 20miles.  At least i got to ride and was in the wind.    No windshield so i had a lot of air hitting me.        

• Love 1

Steed

Did you manage to catch 6th gear in that 20 miles ???

AZgl1800

at 18* F today, absolutely nothing.

Indianawantsme

I guess you remember the old X6 Hustler.   

For sure hit 6th when I opened her up to blow the oil out.   

Never get done shifting when I ride it to keep in power.   No where near the low rpm torque of a Wing.  

One cylinder of 1800 is larger than both together on Suzuki.  

Fun bike to ride anyhow.  

Mixture of precip here today. Took wife to work in 4x4 truck today in this mess.  

All I can do is think of Wing sitting there in the damp cold. 

Edited by Indianawantsme

Triwing

Fans running helps to keep the condensation from the temperature changing away.

AZgl1800

Yahoo!!!!!

Just 30 seconds ago, UPS delivered my new Madstad windshield.....

now, if the temps weren't so miserable

Temps.png

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Our Goldwing is in the hangar.  We have this guy guarding it.  However he says he did not volunteer to stand in this weather.

IMG_3999.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Mountain Rider

Finally got the heat figured out in the garage, so I dug in and got the air filter replaced.  The front fairing lowers are off,  so Wednesday I'm hoping to have the radiator and timing belt covers off.  Next Sunday the timing belts are going to be the project of the day.  I'm also planning on doing a thorough cleaning of everything while it's apart.  So looking forward to Spring.  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon: