• Oval Patches
  • and Meal Tickets
  • Click on the NAGF Online Store!
Sign in to follow this  
scraper

Front foot pegs

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

scraper

After having a bike with floor boards is great. But. I can see that it takes more to get to the brake peddle. What is the consensus between the legs and boards. I'm looking at changing back to pegs at the sacrifice of comfort.

Mountain Rider

My Aspencade had floor boards on it when I got it.  I thought I would love them, but as you found, accessing the brake was a pain, and my gear shift was an adapted heel toe.  I had difficulty shifting and had to look for the brake pedal.  I changed my floor boards for a set of stock pegs, and have been pleased with the results.  The stock pegs being rather wide, aren't that bad, and if I need to stretch, I have the floor board style road pegs (or boards if you will).  Changing to the pegs also narrowed the bike, as the boards extended outside the road bars, where as the pegs set closer to the engine and inside the perimeter of the engine heads.  Having pegs also makes walking the bike backward from the seat easier. 

AZgl1800

Rode with them for two years, and hated every minute with them.

Can't get my feet positioned correctly, the brake is hard to get to, and it kept me from applying enough brake to lock up the rear tire, if that occassion ever presented itself.

And, what's just as bad, you have to spread your legs out wider when stopping, and it prevents you from putting your feet where they belong when stopped, and trying to keep the bike from falling over if you happen to stop on a slope.  No way, can you get a foot down on the downhill side, if you happen to stop on a slope, and uh oh, it is going down.

Instead of taking them off, I got rid of the bike.

scraper

Good thoughts. I think they go then.

A Z sounds like if the roof leaks don't fix it sell it.

• Haha 1

AZgl1800
On 1/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, scraper said:

Good thoughts. I think they go then.

A Z sounds like if the roof leaks don't fix it sell it.

yeah, if the roof leaks, I better have some good insurance, as the deductible alone will break my bank.

we have decided that if our roof ever has to be replaced, those asphalt shingles are going away, and coated tin roofing is going on. No more leaks ever, and the snow just disappears in a heart beat.

scraper

I,m in the process of looking at a steel roof. I hope some time this summer. Seems fairly easy to do and ya no more worry.

AZgl1800

I'm not sure that I would want to do the job myself, the results of one tiny slip, and a fall to the ground would pretty much end it for me now... at 75, I don't need any broken bones.