NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
Halfling

Time To Winterize The Aspen

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

Looks like it's time to winterize the Aspen. No garage so I have to get it up off the ground, maybe take wheels off, wrap it up good and tight, guarding against moisture somehow.  I hate winter, even in Tennessee...

Dusty Boots

I have my Sentry stored in my 10' x 14' aluminum shed, out of the weather.

I backed it in so the tires were on some 2 x 6 boards, dropped the stabilizer jacks and jacked it up to take most of the weight off of the suspension. I also removed the tongue so as to give me more space inside the shed for other items needing storage.

17903625_10155288069240555_3603379324226

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I just throw a tarp over it to keep the rain off the trailer body, the tires aren't going to be hurt sitting on the ground.

They will never last long enough to weather crack anyway.

Monkeytrucker

We put ours in the dog house.  No Kidding, a Dog House.  It was one Estella's sister had for her St. Bernards.  I just opened up the sides of the door, re-roofed it with G-Rib metal and just made a 2' longer porch over the opening that covers the extended tongue.

Maybe some day I will post a photo.  We are still hoping to make a trip to Land Between the Lakes and camp a couple nights and go see the great Christmas light display at Patti's 1880 Village.  More lights than you could count in 100 years. 

Halfling
1 minute ago, Monkeytrucker said:

We are still hoping to make a trip to Land Between the Lakes and camp a couple nights and go see the great Christmas light display at Patti's 1880 Village.  More lights than you could count in 100 years. 

Keep us posted on this Gary, Nancy and I "may" be interested in joining you if the temps are manageable!

Monkeytrucker

Will do.  We are watching the weather closely and in fact talked with the home health lady, my "Second Wife" about us skipping out on her.  Big thing is she has to make up missed time.  But then that usually means she will be her for 6 hours on Fridays.  Good excuse for a nice lunch.

Monkeytrucker

Hillman Ferry Campground south of Grand Rivers closes at the end of Nov.  Patti's 1880 Settlement lights are running now to Jan. 13.  

Halfling

2.5 to 3 hour drive for us...not bad.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

We usually get the handicapped site in A loop next to the shower house and rest rooms.  It is an all concrete pad and we could put both of our campers on it.  Senior pass makes it about $18 a night and with 2 on it, well you do the math.  Patti's has a fantastic restaurant I am told but the two times we have tried to eat there they were booked solid.

Monkeytrucker

Same drive time for us.  We usually ride the bike but have if the weather is really cool drove the Fiat.

Monkeytrucker

Some great drives drive down thru the LBL all the way into TN.  Short drive over to Paris and the Eiffel tower, Fort Donnelson if you like civil war historical sites,  old living farm in LBL, Elk and Bison reserve (not open to motorcycles), several old time spots on smaller roads in LBL, lots of old cemeteries if you are into looking at old grave stones,  and  just a fun place to kick back.  Real short drive to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY.

Who knows, Buck and Donna' might be tearing up the OHV trails in the LBL.  

Halfling

Dang, you know I should really know better than to even suggest things without checking with the "boss" first. Weekends all covered up this month... :cry:

Monkeytrucker

Well just step up and tell her you are the boss and then run like the rest of us much lower ranked husbands would do in the same situation.

Family comes first and there is always a first camp next spring.  :agreed-with-sign: