NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
Bluthundr31

Location? Time zone?

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Bluthundr31

The site looks amazing and is by far the favorite site in my bookmarks, ,, , BUT, , , (other shoe about to drop),

1. On the "Location" line of each member, I notice that the line is "off-set" and looks like an after-thought.  The actual typing is slightly higher than the word "Location".  Is it possible to line up the typing a bit better so that the lines match up a bit better an appear to flow smoother?

2.  Is the information first listed after the word "Location" meant to mean the "Time zone"?   Or is it intended to give a wider/general idea of a location?  

Putting the Time zone (Pacific, Central, Eastern) would be a good way to state a general area, then the specific City/State would pin-point the members location.  The member can then move his "marker" to his specific street, like some of us have done, to let everyone know exactly where he is located.

No disrespect intended, all your hard work is really appreciated.  Just my .02 cents

Halfling
1 hour ago, Bluthundr31 said:

The site looks amazing and is by far the favorite site in my bookmarks, ,, , BUT, , , (other shoe about to drop),

1. On the "Location" line of each member, I notice that the line is "off-set" and looks like an after-thought.  The actual typing is slightly higher than the word "Location".  Is it possible to line up the typing a bit better so that the lines match up a bit better an appear to flow smoother?

2.  Is the information first listed after the word "Location" meant to mean the "Time zone"?   Or is it intended to give a wider/general idea of a location?  

Putting the Time zone (Pacific, Central, Eastern) would be a good way to state a general area, then the specific City/State would pin-point the members location.  The member can then move his "marker" to his specific street, like some of us have done, to let everyone know exactly where he is located.

No disrespect intended, all your hard work is really appreciated.  Just my .02 cents

#1 Fixed, it's a width setting for the custom info block, I nudged it up a bit so that all of the text would align. Good catch!

#2 The info after the word "Location" should correspond to whatever you have in the "Location" field in your profile. It should be city/stat/country. Looks like your is OK. I think the width think fixed the jumble.

No disrespect taken, if you guys don't catch things little things I may never see them! Good work!

2017-11-05_15-47-27.jpg

Halfling

Apparently this setting I adjusted doesn't affect ALL of the themes, I'm researching that issue now, it looks like it fixed Red Pro, I'm looking at the others.

Well, that didn't take long, found what I needed and it's fixed now! :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

Bluthundr31

Looks good, thanks John

Halfling

Apparently, all themes are not created equal, even when they come from the same designer!

Themes I can change the width on to have this look good are:

• System Default
  • Red Pro
  • Infraskew
  • Beta Theme test #1

Themes that refuse to change with my settings are:

• Ivy League
  • Soft Blue
  • Twilight

The odd part is that Red Pro is from the same developer as Ivy League, Soft Blue and Twilight...

'

Bluthundr31

Could it be possible that the width is OK with less of a description??  Yours, for instance, "America/Chicago" could trigger "US/Central",  and "America/New_York" could trigger "US/Eastern", , ,and so on.  I do not understand how you do this, so forgive my ignorance if it can't be done.  I was just trying to make the "Timezone" description shorter for the program to understand.

Edited by Bluthundr31

Halfling
12 minutes ago, Bluthundr31 said:

Could it be possible that the width is OK with less of a description??  Yours, for instance, "America/Chicago" could trigger "US/Central",  and "America/New_York" could trigger "US/Eastern", , ,and so on.  I do not understand how you do this, so forgive my ignorance if it can't be done.  I was just trying to make the "Timezone" description shorter for the program to understand.

Excellent idea but I can't control that piece of data. It is what it is I'm afraid.

Question, is it fixed for you on the theme you are using?

Bluthundr31

Yes sir, it is.  And I thank you for that, , , ,I am trying to figure out how to make it work for all the themes as well. 

Thanks again

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.