NAGF News Ticker
  • New Feature!!!
  • The Tutorial Feature has Launched With Its First Tutorial...
  • "Using Classified Adverts"
  • Be Sure To Check It Out...
  • By Clicking On "Tutorials" In The Menu!!!
  • AND...
  • Watch For More Tutorials On The Way!
us385south

Texas Horned Toads Spring Ride Mar 10-15, 2018

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

us385south

Alrighty... here goes!

I have been sponsoring these THT spring rides for about ten years now, I have been traveling in the lower desert southwest for about forty.  This is a very early event and is often some pretty cold riding... but it's fun... the folks are nice... and the sunrises and sunsets are fantastic.

The Texas Horned Toads Spring Ride is March 10th to about the 15th.  One of our habitual venues is Las Cruces, NM... although I am pushing for Tucumcari or Corona this year. (I like high desert plateau.)

We are very relaxed, we ride, we hangout, we grill, we drink cold adult beverages and everyone here is invited for all or part.  Message me if we are friends on FB and I will give you access to our page.

T

• Like 2

Halfling

Why don't you post it up on the Forum Calendar Travis...

us385south

Good plan... I am still trying to get settled into this new forum format.  Have been terribly busy since I moived from the high school to the middle school.  Oddly folks at the school district central office seem to feel it is an easier job, but I would contest it is actually much harder.  Add in two floods, two dead sisters and an aging mother in full time care and I just do not have the time to be the web crawler I once was.

DaveO430

I have been wanting to come down every year but haven't made it yet, maybe this time. 

pwhoever

Is it camping, planned hotel/motels, or just grab a place on the fly?

us385south

Typically we have a an arrangement with a local motel.  I would say it is likely to be a bit frosty for outdoor camping.  There is still a good deal of discussion about venue... we started talking about Las Cruces, but we have already been there twice before... so I am trying to resurrect the idea for Corona or Carrizozo.

us385south

Okay, after much ado we have arrived at venue.  We are opting for The Eleven Inn in Balmorhea (Baal-More-Ray) in west Texas.  This is NOT the Taj Mahal and Balmorhea is NOT very chi-chi or cosmopolitain.  In fact... I might easily be qualified at the middle of nowhere.  We we ride early, far and fast... we usually return to the room by mid afternoons where we grill, hang out, play guitars and engage in light debauchery. ;)

Contact info for the hotel at: theeleveninn.com.  It's actually a pretty nice place... it's just not very pretentious.

Come, ride, eat hang out... bring extra bail money!

Edited by us385south