Halfling

Roadside Service

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

14 posts in this topic

Halfling

It seems to me that there was some discussion about AAA and that their coverage did NOT include motorcycles. Is this true and if so, what do people use for emergency roadside service?

Parman

I have Gieco Insurance road side assistance.

• Like 1

Mountain rider

Geico, I have roadside assistance and towing.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Good Sam here, and they have Unlimited miles towing, unlike all of the other guys...

and yes, it includes motorcycles.  When I called to make sure, they told me if it has wheels and I am "driving it", it is covered.

plus it covers everything in your family, car, truck, m/c, travel trailer....

yup, I made 3 calls in one trip because my travel travel kept blowing out tires... it was a Triple Axle 34' Avion that I had overloaded when moving from Arizona to Oklahoma.   And, dumb me, did not put new tires on it before I started out...

• Like 1

Parman

Geico has 75 mile limit.

• Confused 1

Monkeytrucker

we have progressive and it has recovery and towing on it.  When the tire on the front of the Fiat blew we called the Fiat Assistance number in the back or the owners manual and within 5 minutes there was a rollback headed our way.  It was 60 miles away and took us to the nearest Fiat dealership.  I am sure Mother Honda, who will not admit brake problems on the 1800s, will not give any assistance.

• Haha 1

thecruiser

Halfling, AAA does cover motorcycles. When I had my last accident where my bike was totaled AAA hauled it home for me, including my towed Mini-Mate camper.

AAA however does NOT cover non-camper trailers. (cargo trailers like an Aluma MCT)

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

IIRC with AAA you have additional cost if you list motorcycle. 

thecruiser

Mike, I wasn't required to list any of my vehicle for my AAA road service. In fact, it covers any vehicle I'm in, even if it isn't mine.

BTW, I don't have AAA vehicle insurance, just their Road Service.

• Like 1

thecruiser

Post deleted. (posted in wrong place)

Halfling

Thanks guys, I was just out looking at AAA's website, looks like they may have changed things up a bit. I see where their normal plan does not include motorcycles and they have an additional plan for it with additional costs like Mike said. Good Sam is interesting as well. Still deciding and still shopping.

thecruiser

If I remember correctly AAA can be different in different states too. I know they used to call it "AAA of Michigan". Even had a window sticker saying as much.

I've had AAA Towing for 8-10 years and have yet to receive the "no motorcycles" notice. Policy comes due again I think in May. Will check with them on coverage.

Thanks for the 'heads up'.

• Like 1

DriverRider

Three motorcycle owners who have AAA coverage had their bikes flat bedded to me for repair including one with a long expired reg.

• Like 1

brianinpa

Progressive... sadly I had to use it once.