NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
Indianawantsme

2012 No Start

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Indianawantsme

I thought i posted this before but can't find it.  Oldtimers.

Bike cranked over very well but no start and i noticed the engine light didn't go out. Mine has a light that looks like an engine. No FI light.  I tried a few times and then sat for a little while and then it started right up. That was last Thursday. I drove as much as possible since then and not a problem at any time. 

Warranty is out on the 20th and dealer checked the error code today.   19-1 code and that is the crankshaft sensor. Could be sensor or wiring.   Won't have Wing again for a while.   :Face-Crying:

Indianawantsme

Stopped at the dealer today and they had ordered a Crankshaft Position Sensor or Pulse Generator if you prefer. It might be in their load of parts that came in today so hopefully i will get Wing back soon. 

I didn't get to talk to the mechanic but glad they ordered the part and not just saying they cleaned the connector and all should be good until it does it again. Read these Pulse Generators can have intermittent failures and come back on. 

Sad a bike with only 14k miles on it is having troubles like this already. Warranty runs out tomorrow so at least i had it until then.

• Like 2

DaveO430

Any electronic part is subject to fail at any time, age and mileage not a factor. That is a very rare problem and unlikely to happen again, unless it is a connector problem. 

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

:jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  Wing is back and hopefully good for a long time now since the warranty has expired.  

• Like 1

AZgl1800

should be good to go now, most likely anything that was going to happen, is now old history.

terryj

Any electronic part is subject to fail at any time, age and mileage not a factor. That is a very rare problem and unlikely to happen again, unless it is a connector problem. 

Dave, how true this is, I worked in the electronics field for 35 years as a design engineer, one thing about any electronic component, it can last for years or it can fail right out of the box, it just the nature of the beast.

• Like 1