Halfling

• Moderators
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2017
  • First Name:John

Posted A week ago

Is there anyone near Colorado Springs that would consider looking at a trike for me? There's a 2016 there for sale with only 157 miles on it that seems lime too good of a deal to pass up!

#2 Parman

Parman

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Don

Posted A week ago

Hi John,

Send Ned a PM. He has been in Colorado for a few days now. He might be able to assist.

Don

#3 Parman

Parman

• Moderators
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Don

Posted A week ago

Too late for Ned. I got ahold of him and he is already on the other side of the state now. It was worth a shot.

#4 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • LocationLake Oologah, OK
  • Model Year:2002

Posted A week ago

Is there anyone near Colorado Springs that would consider looking at a trike for me? There's a 2016 there for sale with only 157 miles on it that seems lime too good of a deal to pass up!

never thought of you as a trike person John....

#5 Halfling

Halfling

• Moderators
  • 1,632 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2017

Posted A week ago

Times change John, I've come to realize that it's either gonna be a trike or don't ride....

• AZgl1800 likes this

#6 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted A week ago

one day, we all have to make that decision...

just like I had to admit that Long Rides for me in the summer can't happen anymore.

We just returned from Austin, TX where we bought a 2004 Weekend Warrior Toy Hauler which will allow me to travel long trips in a/c comfort, and still be able to have living quarters, and a bike garage with me.

Attached Files

• brianinpa likes this

#7 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted A week ago

I have a set of Firestone Air Bags on order, the equalizer doesn't quite level up the trailer right now.

I suspicion that will probably change when the 1800 is loaded into the garage, but I want the option of being able to make sure that the whole rig is level on the road.

We really do like our new tow vehicle, it has every option that was available in 2001 on a Suburban.

Dual sun visors!!! wow!!! swing the big one over to the side glass, and you still have a 2nd visor to swing down in front of your eyes.

Rear a/c that really works good, the dogs just went to sleep, end of their worries :)

Plush captain's chairs in front and 2nd row seats! Absolutely perfect for a dog wagon, I removed the 3rd row seat and stored it in the toy hauler garage coming home from  Austin, TX.  That allowed the dogs to have a lot of room, and they can walk between the 2nd row seats and onto a special dog walk ramp with the right side Captain's chair folded up out of the way.

We had a very enjoyable week of it, traveling and staying at different places on the way home.

3 days at Riverview RV Campgrounds, Waco, TX

2 days at my aunt and uncle's home on Hwy 32,  6 miles west of Kingston, OK.

The whole thing traveled quite well, the Suburban has a Tow Haul package on it, made the tranny shifting very predictable. Always seemed to be in the correct gear for the load situation.

#8 OnaWingandaPrayer

OnaWingandaPrayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Florida
  • Goldwing Model:GL1000, GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1500, GL1800
  • Model Year:1975, 1983I, 1986SEi, 1993A, 1994SE, 2003 ABS
  • First Name:Mike

Posted A week ago

John, do you know which transmission the new truck has ? If it's a 4L60E(variant) I think its still recommended not to tow in O/D . You may have the 4L80E as part of the tow pac. I am not sure of the gear recommended for towing with that. Suburbans are sure wonderful travel machines . I hope ya'll enjoy many travels with it.

#9 Mountain rider

Mountain rider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationRigby, Idaho
  • Goldwing Model:Aspencade 1200 SEi
  • Model Year:1986
  • First Name:Dave

Posted 20 hours ago

John, have you used an equalizer before?  I'm an RV tech and have never known an EQ hitch to not level the load.

#10 DougW

DougW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationClymer NY
  • Goldwing Model:1500SE
  • Model Year:1994
  • First Name:Doug

Posted 9 hours ago

John, have you used an equalizer before?  I'm an RV tech and have never known an EQ hitch to not level the load.

Once he gets the 1800 in the back of that hauler the balance is going to change. I think that is when he will get serious about getting the hitch set properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users