*** North American Summer Rally - NASR 10 "Let us take you back" July 11-13, 2017 Seneca Rocks WV *** NASR 10 Information

Photo

NASR 10 Home Safe Thread

• Please log in to reply

36 replies to this topic

#21 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationBealton, Norfolk County, ON, Canada.
  • Goldwing Model:Aspencade
  • Model Year:1985
  • First Name:Rick

Posted 6 days ago

Good evening all. Tricky and I are safe at home in Ontario. We also had the traffic jam to deal with, but Tricky and his IPhone-Google Maps took us west of the jam and back to Interstate 79, maybe delayed 45 min. One thing that I have learned about being around this Gold Wing clan over the last 10 years is they sure know how to throw a great party. John and Becca along with your team, you set the bar very high, congratulations on a very successful NASR 10. Looking forward to NASR 11. eh!!!!!  

:thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up:

Fortunately we did have cell service :)

• AZgl1800, Flyone, brianinpa and 1 other like this

#22 wilkoi

wilkoi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRockport Ma.
  • Goldwing Model:Nav, audio.
  • Model Year:2008
  • First Name:Lewis

Posted 5 days ago

Wilkoi and wife arrived home, Rockport Ma., yesterday (07/15) at 5:15PM. Friday we stopped early after 260 miles due to rain and stayed in Pine Grove Pennsylvania. Yesterday did 460 miles to our home. We are not the best at socializing, just wired that way. Had a good time.

John and Rebecca we salute you, outstanding effort to make things right. And the copious amounts of bacon added to morning content.

See you all next year.

• AZgl1800, Flyone and OnaWingandaPrayer like this

#23 Power Guy

Power Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationValdosta, GA
  • Goldwing Model:GL 1500A
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:Mark

Posted 5 days ago

Made it home Friday night. Had a great time.

#24 RHalbur

RHalbur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAdel, IA
  • Goldwing Model:1800 GL18HPNMA
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Rick

Posted 5 days ago

Made it home safe and sound Saturday, 2,660 miles. Had great time and great to see and visit with everyone. Thanks to John & Becca for being a wonderful Host!!!

#25 Green Dragon

Green Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDillsboro, IN USA
  • Goldwing Model:CanAm Spyder
  • Model Year:2014
  • First Name:Jeffrey J

Posted 5 days ago

Now that I have had a chance to wind down and look at things, John and Beck did a great job. Total milage from start to finish was 1101.6 miles averaging 35.043 m/g. Interesting feature was that one tank I filled with was pure gas, no ethanol. The Spyder got close to 41 m/g on that tank. I hate ethanol.  Anyway, kudos to John, Beck and all that helped with the event. I can only hope we come close to meeting the standard they set.

Jeffrey 

• Flyone and OnaWingandaPrayer like this

#26 jobe05

jobe05

• Moderators
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKing NC
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800, GL1500
  • Model Year:2012, 1989
  • First Name:John

Posted 5 days ago

Becca, I and Tim made it home around 6pm today.  The ride was very HOT!!!!  I dropped the Aspen Camper off at Alan's (Pearlrider) house which wasn't out of our way at all. 

I'll post more in the NASR10 thread with regard to the event tomorrow, as I am completely wiped out right now and just want to crash!!!  I had a wonderful time and it was great seeing all our friends again.

• AZgl1800, Flyone, OnaWingandaPrayer and 4 others like this

#27 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationLake Oologah, OK
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2002

Posted 5 days ago

Arrived Home at 9 PM,

we forgot to turn the A/C back on early this morning while the house was at the coolest.
I have one of those WiFi thermostats and can access it from my cellphone.

so, the house is still at 75*

oh well, it could have been at 80* if we had not turned it on at 3 PM ROFL.gif

• Flyone, OnaWingandaPrayer and Jstkraze like this

#28 OnaWingandaPrayer

OnaWingandaPrayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Florida
  • Goldwing Model:GL1000, GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1500
  • Model Year:1975, 1983I, 1986SEi, 1993A, 1994SE
  • First Name:Mike

Posted 5 days ago

Well I missed this thread early this morning and posted the following in the NASR10 Seneca Rocks thread.

Posted 22 hours ago

OnaWingandaPrayer reporting in , home safe and sound. Luckily we made it in the yard just before midnight , so the chariot didn't turn into a pumpkin.  (7-15-17)  . 

Hats off to John and crew for a great NASSIR reboot to  NASR . It was a wonderful setting . Every road was fun and filled with sights.

Thank you to Anita and her crew from the Great White North (Canada) for the experience/indoctrination to become an " Honorary Newfoundlander " . Long May Your Big Jib Draw

Again Thanks to all for making this another memorable gathering of new and old friends. See ya'll down the road.

• AZgl1800 and Flyone like this

#29 Snorebabe

Snorebabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA
  • Model Year:2015
  • First Name:Michele

Posted 5 days ago

We are all home safely.  Doug got home on Saturday.  I just rolled in about 30 mins ago.  Exhausted and heading to bed. 

#30 D-Rod

D-Rod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHamburg, New York, USA
  • Goldwing Model:Aspencade
  • Model Year:1994
  • First Name:Dennis

Posted 4 days ago

Button Lady and D-Rod left the motel Sunday morning to visit a friend in Maryland. We left his house this morning and safely arrived home about 8:00 pm Monday night. Poor Patty is doing all the unloading herself. Near the end I started getting pretty bad with my knees even starting to give out. So on our many bathroom stops Patty had to help hold me up on one side and the cane held me on the other. It was a fantastic NASR! Thank you John and Becca. Everyone was so kind and respectful to me and included me in the events it really meant the world to me! Thank you!!!
  • jobe05, AZgl1800, lopeha and 5 others like this

#31 Flyone

Flyone

• Moderators
  • 748 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Goldwing Model:GL-1800
  • Model Year:2012
  • First Name:Bill

Posted 2 days ago

Hey everyone, stills on the road and will be until the end of the month. Watching Flygirl in Cleveland, OH bowl in the Junior Gold National Championships and she is currently 11th place out of 805 girls in her division. Half way over so we will see how she ends up. Either way, I couldn't be more proud of her!

Now Hobo on the other hand is a different story, he is causing trouble everywhere he goes and now he's picking up College girls!

He has been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, The Cleveland Aquarium where he did a "stare down " with a stingray and closing the bar at the Embassy Suites we are staying at.....I appreciate hanging out with Hobo since it has been 10 years since we traveled together but he is definitely a trouble maker!

Attached Files

• jobe05, AZgl1800, Steed and 1 other like this

#32 Goldwings 4 Ever

Goldwings 4 Ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls, Ontario
  • Model Year:2014
  • First Name:Bob

Posted 2 days ago

Bob and Anita are home safe and sound.  Chuck is on his way to Newmarket and should be posting by end of day.  I just want to thank John for a wonderful job with NASR 10.

• jobe05 and AZgl1800 like this

#33 Goldwinger

Goldwinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNewmarket. Ont. Canada
  • Goldwing Model:SE Pearl Green
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:Chuck

Posted 2 days ago

Got home about 2:30. Want to thank Bob and Anita again for all the fun and laughs. Never a dull moment with these guys. They are the best.

Thanks to John and Becka for a fantastic job puttin the party on. I don't know who you had making pancakes but they were the best ever.

And thanks to Snorebaby and Creekwalker for not stalking us the whole way home. :thumbs-up: One day was scary enough. :Face-Smile-Big:

Just a thought, seeing as heat seems to be coming more of an issue each year with more members maybe, just maybe it's time to start maybe thinking of finding a cooler time of year to hold these wonderful events, just saying you know maybe.

• jobe05, Goldwings 4 Ever and Snorebabe like this

#34 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 2 days ago

those pancakes were good.....

I had to go back and try several times to figure out what was 'wrong with them' :)

#35 Wingerpeg

Wingerpeg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Mb Canada
  • Goldwing Model:1800 & 1800
  • Model Year:2010 & 2003
  • First Name:Kyle

Posted 10 hours ago

We're home!!! The Back of The Dragon was amazing and camped at Hungry Mother State Park. A perfect campground and facility with all amenities including an excellent restaurant. The Head and part of the Claw was pretty spectacular too. Just kind of sad seeing a lot of towns that are virtually empty with coal mines shutting down. Weather had been horrendously hit with heat index over 100. My proudest moment is getting Motorcycle Pete's LD. You have no idea how much that means to me. Gods Speed everyone until the next time
  • AZgl1800 likes this

#36 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 8 hours ago

Thanks Kyle,

Really enjoyed meeting up with you and all the others in our 'gang'

#37 Snorebabe

Snorebabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA
  • Model Year:2015
  • First Name:Michele

Posted 6 hours ago

And thanks to Snorebaby and Creekwalker for not stalking us the whole way home. :thumbs-up: One day was scary enough. :Face-Smile-Big:

It would have been better if I had of been with them stalking ya too.  Sorry I missed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users