NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
brianinpa

NASR 10 Home Safe Thread

50 posts in this topic Last Reply

brianinpa

I hate that I am starting this thread, but I am home safe.

I rode just over 1200 miles since Sunday which for a guy that lives 240 miles from Seneca Rocks, I think that speaks pretty highly for how much fun the roads of West By God Virginia are.

What a great week meeting new friends and catching up with old ones. If you are sitting at home thinking if you should attend NASR 11, well... throw a leg over the saddle and find out for yourself just how much fun these events are.

• Like 4

Jstkraze

We made it home safe and sound. We were glad to see familiar faces and new ones too! Had a WONDERFUL TIME with you all. Its a great feeling to have us all come together and feel like family. Looking forward to NASR 11. Thanks again Jstkraze & Jstkraze2 ( Tom & Lynne)

• Like 1

QDaddy

1/2 way home. Cribbed up in Columbus, OH for the night. Great run partway with Flyone & Hobo.

• Like 1

JGL351

I am home... 10 h to the minute.  Scattered rain south of I68... steady rain I68 to I80... then clear all the way home.

Thank you all (y'all) for the huggs and best wishes

I hope to see many of you in Illinois

• Like 1

DougW

We made it home about 4:30 this afternoon. Had no problems on the way, just a bit of rain and a 2 mile stop and go for some construction.

As always we had a great time. Many thanks to JOBE05 for putting on a great event.

• Like 4

Pearl Rider

Well after the rain storm and jobe helping us pack up our new to us aspen we got on the road and run in the rain on and off for a ways. Here now unloading and getting things washed up and ready for our next trip. We had a wonderful time meeting all of you. I missed out on some things because of getting hot and feeling lousy. Hope to make up for it next time. Thank you all for welcoming Ruthie and myself to this group

• Like 2

Steed

Got a late start and made a leisurely day of it.  Caught Dougw's two mile construction delay, only by 4pm it had turned into a 1 1/2 hr two lane parking lot.  Had a really great time even with the Boss not being up to par.  All the old friends and new ones just made everything click.  John and Becka, there are no words that could ever express our thanks for all of you hard work and effort.   Best three days of my year, with-out a doubt.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Indiana in 2018...      Terry

• Like 2

Indianawantsme

Got home about 8pm. 638miles ......

Carl, Rick and I hit a little rain but not bad.  Drove through some high water on West I-70 and East I-70 was backed up for miles and miles. 

Thanks John and Becca and everyone that had anything to do with NASR10 and all who attended. 

Looking forward  to next year.  Rowena was disappointed that it is only 150miles away and in Indiana. She wants to see other states.  LOL

Too bad she didn't have any vacation time to attend this year.  

• Like 3

wgj46

Good evening all. Tricky and I are safe at home in Ontario. We also had the traffic jam to deal with, but Tricky and his IPhone-Google Maps took us west of the jam and back to Interstate 79, maybe delayed 45 min. One thing that I have learned about being around this Gold Wing clan over the last 10 years is they sure know how to throw a great party. John and Becca along with your team, you set the bar very high, congratulations on a very successful NASR 10. Looking forward to NASR 11. eh!!!!!  

:thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up: 

• Like 2

AZgl1800

Not home yet,

We overnighted in Markle, IN at a pets welcome Motel 6 after a 480 mile run thru some of the slowest roads I have ever been on.

Kudos to Motel 6 though,
they have about two acres of mown grass behind the building for the dogs to run on smile.gif

WiFi is nebulous here though, even at 6 AM, it is difficult to get a connection.
and if i type at my normal 100+ wpm speed, most of the letters are skipped making for a bunch of gibberish... frown.gif

later today, we go meet with family and friends for Mardonna's memorial service.
then I am to meet up with Doug Dasher for a visit.....

tomorrow morning early we will head for home, a 700 mile run from here.

and before I forget it, many kudos and a High Five to John and Becca and gang for making this a very wonderful, and unforgettable NASR experience.

• Like 1

kiptap

Made it home yesterday, 650 miles, very drowsy and incoherent at or about the 500 mark.  Exceedingly "High Fog Index".  Had to stop every 30 miles or so, till the last 100 whereas I got a second wind. 

Had a great time, after driving alone for the week prior, I enjoyed the group rides.  Maybe catch the train next time.

3,400 mile trip all in all, wonderful roads, vast differences in road design standards.  Looking forward to meet one and all again.

gallery_5558_337_76862.jpg

kiptap

• Like 2

Flyone

Flyone is down safe in Cleveland, OH for this week.

Hobo is working on the "college" life!

post-234-0-30635200-1500128658_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

QDaddy

QDaddy & The Hag are home safe after a leisurely ride this morning. Back in Jackson, MI by noon. Wash machine already on load #2. Trailer and bike unpacked. Is it time for N11 yet? Thanks again Jobe05. Great NASR!

• Like 1

lopeha

Made it in about 11:15 this morning!  Around 2000 miles for the trip & had a great time!!!

• Like 3

DaveO430

Home safe, sound I don't know :puzzled-smiley-emoticon: . Got here about 1:15pm.  2390 miles total. 

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

Got home around 10:45 or so.  805 miles to get to NASR 10,  559 miles while I was there & 830 miles to home.  2194 total. 

NASR 10 was a great event.  I nominate John to do this every year.  No one will be able keep up with what he did this year.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 4

Green Dragon

Dragon Lady and Green Dragon are home safe and sound after a nice evening at Glen Ferris Inn on the Kanawha River.  Beautiful day today for the ride, only about 300 miles today, 250 yesterday. Hope everyone else makes it or has made it home safe.

The next NASR 11 in Greendale, IN is from Tuesday, July 10th to Thursday, July 12th and any time before or after that you want. The motel, Riverside Inn is taking reservations.

Jeffrey

• Like 4

Creekwalker

Home safe in Sylvania Ga.  1674.8 miles on the bike for this trip.  I was truly great seeing old friends and making new ones.  Looking forward to many more adventures.  Once again, thanks to JOBE05 for a great gathering and for the kindness he showed me with the help of a wind shield.  Thanks to Snorebaby,  Snorebabe,  Flyone ,and Gator for the laughs.  To everyone else at this years event, I hope everyone enjoys their travels and arrive safely at the end.

• Like 2

NC Aspenwing

We are home safe only Issue was a bird that wanted to commit suicide. Got home at 4:00

today spent last night In Athens,WV at The wifes homeplace visiting with her brothers. It was

good seeing old friends and making lots more. Thanks to John and Rebecca for putting on a great event.

Can't wait to see everyone at NASR 11.

• Like 2

winger77

Home safe,,, be back on later.

Had to take my Lady out for dinner,, so now we are back. 

darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a great time. John and Rebecca couldn't have made us feel anymore to home. Just good ole "down to earth" folk. I should say that for everyone really. It was so cool to see others from previous events and meeting new ones, or ones I missed.

Hope to see everyone report that they make it home safe.

• Like 3

tricky

Good evening all. Tricky and I are safe at home in Ontario. We also had the traffic jam to deal with, but Tricky and his IPhone-Google Maps took us west of the jam and back to Interstate 79, maybe delayed 45 min. One thing that I have learned about being around this Gold Wing clan over the last 10 years is they sure know how to throw a great party. John and Becca along with your team, you set the bar very high, congratulations on a very successful NASR 10. Looking forward to NASR 11. eh!!!!!  

:thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up:  :thumbs-up:

Fortunately we did have cell service :)

• Like 4

wilkoi

Wilkoi and wife arrived home, Rockport Ma., yesterday (07/15) at 5:15PM. Friday we stopped early after 260 miles due to rain and stayed in Pine Grove Pennsylvania. Yesterday did 460 miles to our home. We are not the best at socializing, just wired that way. Had a good time.

John and Rebecca we salute you, outstanding effort to make things right. And the copious amounts of bacon added to morning content.

See you all next year.

• Like 4

Power Guy

Made it home Friday night. Had a great time.

• Like 3

RHalbur

Made it home safe and sound Saturday, 2,660 miles. Had great time and great to see and visit with everyone. Thanks to John & Becca for being a wonderful Host!!!

• Like 3

Green Dragon

Now that I have had a chance to wind down and look at things, John and Beck did a great job. Total milage from start to finish was 1101.6 miles averaging 35.043 m/g. Interesting feature was that one tank I filled with was pure gas, no ethanol. The Spyder got close to 41 m/g on that tank. I hate ethanol.  Anyway, kudos to John, Beck and all that helped with the event. I can only hope we come close to meeting the standard they set.

Jeffrey 

• Like 2