*** North American Summer Rally - NASR 10 "Let us take you back" July 11-13, 2017 Seneca Rocks WV *** NASR 10 Information

Photo

2012 and newer

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 pearl rider

pearl rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationReidsville N.C.
  • Goldwing Model:1800
  • Model Year:2008
  • First Name:Alan

Posted 4 days ago

Many of you know Ruthie and I had a mishap with a deer last week. Well insurance totaled the bike so now we are in serch of another one. My question is on the newer body style 12 and up are they cooler, hotter or about the same as far as heat from the engine. Test rode a 12 and noticed the vents about you knee caps are not there on the newer style. We were riding an 08 so anything y'all can help with we would appreciate

#2 DaveO430

DaveO430

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAmity ar.
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:David

Posted 3 days ago

No difference really. Those vents didn't do anything anyway, they are supposed to be heat vents. 

#3 pearl rider

pearl rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 3 days ago

Thanks Dave. I know when they were open by accident in the summer I could tell but really couldn't feel the warm in the winter

I guess the looks and new lines or design is what made me think it might be a little bit cooler in the hot weather

#4 Indianawantsme

Indianawantsme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSchnellville,IN. USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL800
  • Model Year:2012
  • First Name:Steve

Posted Today, 10:56 AM

'12 has toe warmers, heated seats and grips and not sure if your 08 did.  OEM windshield has vent plus i have windwings i can open. Mirror wings are a must for passenger buffeting.  I like the air from wind wing by my knee open and puts air on my mid section.  I don't like the crap coming through the windshield vent hitting me right in the eyes or bees on my lap. The vent is just in a bad placement for me and most people love the vent and wouldn't do without it.

The fairing is supposed to be a little wider than older models and seems to be.  I didn't measure.  

More luggage capacity is a benefit.  Stumble and decel wobble are not a benefit.  USB in the trunk is nice along with AUX input in left box if installed and large center glovebox is great for me. 

#5 pearl rider

pearl rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted Today, 03:26 PM

Tell me more about the stumble and wobble. I am going to look at a 12 early Saturday morning so anything in particular I need to look cor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Indianawantsme