Snorebabe

SE Meet and Greet March 16-18, 2018, Oxford, AL

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

18 posts in this topic

Snorebabe

Ok folks, here's the info for the hotel for the SE Meet & Greet 2.0.  
March 16-18, 2018

That will be checking in on the 16th and checking out on the 18th.

America's Best Value Inn
3 Recreation Dr.
Oxford, Alabama 36203
256-835-0300
Paresh Puthak, General Manager
"Please be patient, he has a very heavy accent"

Please call the hotel direct at the number listed above to make your reservation. Also reference the SE Meet and Greet to get the group rates of 1 K  $60.00 per night plus 11% tax, 2 DBLs $67.00 per night plus 11% tax.  They do welcome pets at $10.00 more per night. I have requested a block of 10 rooms, 8 K and 2 DBL's.  If more are needed I will make the arrangements.  Reservations must be made no later than Feb 16, 2018 to get the group rate.  Cancellations also by Feb 16, 2018 to avoid penalty.  If you have any issues please let me know and I will do my best to get them resolved.  

Yes folks, you read the title correct.....change of location for 2018.

Bill and I did some research for the Eufaula, AL area and room rates were through the roof.  Our dates Friday, March 16 through Sunday, March 18.  are very popular for fishing tournaments in that area.

Bill has scouted Oxford, AL area and has found accommodations for us.  I have contacted group sales and would like a guesstimate of those interested in attending.  Group rates (10 rooms or more) are as follows:

1 Bed  60.00 per night plus 11% tax
2 Beds 67.00 per night plus 11% tax

I know lots can change between now and then but I'd like to get our room rates locked in for the rates listed above.  I know from SE M&G 2017, rates increased from original quotes to those that did last minute reservations.  I have not inquired about deadlines yet just wanted to get the guesstimation first.

So if you are interested in attending please respond with room choice and when I get a better head count I will contact the hotel again with all the necessary questions and get the information on the board.

Thanks

jobe05

Now that Becca knows where the switch is for here heated seat, I would guess that we would be there.

If the one bed was a queen or King, thats all we would need.

Goldwings 4 Ever

99.9999999999999999999999999999999% sure we'll be there.

AJ1500

Like John, if it's a King or Queen size we just need 1 bed and unless something happens we are in :thumbs-up:

wgj46

Michele, just want to confirm the dates, March 17-19, 2018. I'm looking at a Canadian Calendar which tells me that those dates are Sat, Sun, Mon. Is this correct????? :Face-Smile-Big: 

Snorebabe

Michele, just want to confirm the dates, March 17-19, 2018. I'm looking at a Canadian Calendar which tells me that those dates are Sat, Sun, Mon. Is this correct????? :Face-Smile-Big:

Thanks Wayne,  the correct dates are Friday, March 16 through Sunday, March 18.  I will correct the dates in my original post.  

beenshot

2 beds, I ain't gonna sleep with Doug's girlfriend. :roflmao:

Snorebrother

Nancy and i will be there 

Snorebabe

Ok folks, here's the info for the hotel for the SE Meet & Greet 2.0.  
March 16-18, 2018

That will be checking in on the 16th and checking out on the 18th.

America's Best Value Inn
3 Recreation Dr.
Oxford, Alabama 36203
256-835-0300
Paresh Puthak, General Manager
"Please be patient, he has a very heavy accent"

Please call the hotel direct at the number listed above to make your reservation. Also reference the SE Meet and Greet to get the group rates of 1 K  $60.00 per night plus 11% tax, 2 DBLs $67.00 per night plus 11% tax.  They do welcome pets at $10.00 more per night. I have requested a block of 10 rooms, 8 K and 2 DBL's.  If more are needed I will make the arrangements.  Reservations must be made no later than Feb 16, 2018 to get the group rate.  Cancellations also by Feb 16, 2018 to avoid penalty.  If you have any issues please let me know and I will do my best to get them resolved.  

Longboater

Yes folks, you read the title correct.....change of location for 2018.

Bill and I did some research for the Eufaula, AL area and room rates were through the roof. Our dates Friday, March 16 through Sunday, March 18. are very popular for fishing tournaments in that area.

Bill has scouted Oxford, AL area and has found accommodations for us. I have contacted group sales and would like a guesstimate of those interested in attending. Group rates (10 rooms or more) are as follows:

1 Bed 60.00 per night plus 11% tax

2 Beds 67.00 per night plus 11% tax

I know lots can change between now and then but I'd like to get our room rates locked in for the rates listed above. I know from SE M&G 2017, rates increased from original quotes to those that did last minute reservations. I have not inquired about deadlines yet just wanted to get the guesstimation first.

So if you are interested in attending please respond with room choice and when I get a better head count I will contact the hotel again with all the necessary questions and get the information on the board.

Thanks

Longboater

Longboater here,

Please pencil me in as this usually conflicts with my TX Spring Ride commitment.

Because I don't have those dates yet I'm stuck.

Mny thx for the heads up,

N

OnaWingandaPrayer

I'll be contacting the motel soon .  One bed will be enough ...

Flyone

Well folks, yes......Oxford, AL.

With fishing tournaments going on in Eufaula, AL, the rooms were outrageous and very few available. There was no way we could all stay in the same place.

There are a few things to do around Oxford, I have road up to Cheha Mountain which is just south of Oxford or ride west to the Barber Motorcycle Museum.

It will be a good time either way because it's the members that make this event!

Goldwings 4 Ever

Well, I think I made a reservation.  I just hope it's there when I get there. :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

Flyone

Definitely a "heavy accent!!!"

Reservations made for Flyone and Mrs. Fly.

Flyone

Looks good John!

Hawggy

So..do we book Fri and Sat night or also add Sunday.. Not sure what to do.

Edit  Booked for 16 and 17th.. Young well spoken Gent said if we needed an extra night ( 18th)  shouldn't be a problem.

wgj46

Booked my room, one bed, arriving in the afternoon of March 16 and checking out on March 18. Will most likely be driving up from Lakeland Florida. Well spoken young man "David" who was under training for the front desk being mentored by "Thomas". Both told me they are looking forward to meeting all the Goldwingers!!!!! Got to remember to bring them a picture of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum "Lancaster Bomber".

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.