*** North American Summer Rally - NASR 10 "Let us take you back" July 11-13, 2017 Seneca Rocks WV *** NASR 10 Information

Photo

OFF the road agai9n! !@#$!%

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationSt. Francisville, IL USA
  • Goldwing Model:1800
  • Model Year:10
  • First Name:Gary

Posted A week ago

Estella and I were getting set up to enjoy the great predicted weather down at Land Between the Lakes (LBL) this  weekend.  Camper out and ready to go, Gold Wing all ready to go and the first camping trip of the year locked in.

Well until Wednesday.  My back started hurting really bad while helping in her Hostas garden.  Thursday it felt better so I mowed most of the yard while it was raining lightly because I did not want to return home to a jungle.  Thursday afternoon it was hurting extremely bad and I was on a hot pad and some strong pain killers.  So Estella called the pain center where they have done good things before on my joints.  Friday morning we went there and saw the MD.  When he saw that getting out of the chair so he could feel my spine was almost pass out time he got serious.  His best guess is a fractured vertebrae and we were immediately off to the hospital for X-Rays and MRI.  The hospital told them they could get me in for a MRI on the 22nd.  So Doc got on the phone and explained to them he wanted it now if not sooner.  He got it done.

He did inject some magic cortisone into the muscle he said was bulged out and obviously not feeling too pert.  He did explain that repair of the vertebrae was not that bad.  They stick a needle in, push a balloon into the vertebrae and expand it back to full height and then inject the same cement in it as they do with a new hip.

So LBL this weekend is a future past memory.  Hey Dear, can I have another pain pill.

:Face-Crying:

#2 m2102

m2102

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Locationpontiac. illinois
  • Goldwing Model:1800, red of course
  • Model Year:2001
  • First Name:mike

Posted A week ago

Of it wasn't for us the Dr's wouldn't have anything to do, lol.
Let that back heal up good before next adventure.

#3 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted A week ago

We have the x-ray and MRI photos.  I do not think that one has to be an MD to see where the problem.  Right in the area where the pain is strongest 2 vertebrae do not look the same as their neighbors.   I only hope that he can simply stick a needle in them, push in low viscosity cement that sets in minutes and we walk out the door to go home.  Some call it a permanent inside cast.  I just hope I call it fixed.  What is most painful is that it is a beautiful weekend;  We should have been pulling into the Hillman Ferry Campground in about an hour....

#4 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 5 days ago

Yesterday we decided to do a hail Mary and try injections into the spine.  Doc loaded up his BIG syringe and pushed a bunch of bowling balls in there. At least that is what it felt like.

Got home today,  Took a couple of Rush Limbaugh favorites and went out and mowed about 3 acres.  Took a couple more Rush Limbaugh pills before evening chow and are going to stay immobile this evening.  Tomorrow will tell and we are hoping for the best.

#5 m2102

m2102

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts
  • Locationpontiac. illinois
  • Goldwing Model:1800, red of course
  • Model Year:2001
  • First Name:mike

Posted 5 days ago

We sure hope they got it dialed in. Got to much to fi.

#6 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 4 days ago

Well is is not perfect and probably not anywhere near permanent but with pain pills helping me Estella and I worked on making shade panels for her hosta garden today.  Got 5 made and did 750 sq. ft. of 5 color camouflage paint put on the shades.  Not to hide any thing, just to break up the visual of the shades.  Tried to get her to paint them some wild color to make them stand out but got over ruled on that.  I think she had fun using the spray gun on the end of a 100' air hose to paint the panels.  I got to sit in a chair and play like I was boss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users