*** North American Summer Rally - NASR 10 "Let us take you back" July 11-13, 2017 Seneca Rocks WV *** NASR 10 Information

Photo

Time to think about the 5th Annual NAGF (Illinois) M&G Sept 15 - 17, 2017

• Please log in to reply

95 replies to this topic

#81 yooperfan

yooperfan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationMorris, Illinois
  • Goldwing Model:GL 1800
  • Model Year:2008
  • First Name:David

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:24 AM

My schedule has been changing a little over the last 2 months, but it should be back to normal by the time this rolls around, and I should be off, maybe.  If I'm off, I plan to make it at least for saturday, like I did the last 2 years.  It could be longer and it might even include MrsY, if the weather is to her liking.  Time will tell.

#82 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationSt. Francisville, IL USA
  • Goldwing Model:1800
  • Model Year:10
  • First Name:Gary

Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

There are 134 days between now, May 4th, and September 15th.

The smell of those slow cooking ribs is getting stronger!

:thumbs-up:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  :agreed-with-sign: 

129 to go.  The cooks are looking for temperature control helpers.

#83 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Locationis near the Monkey's Eyebrow,Ky.
  • Goldwing Model:GL FiF-Teen Hunnerd
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:BUcK

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

LoL     (temp control)

Tawk'd to John,you know,one of the Harley guys that serves all us Goldwing riders at our M&G....says he's got something up his sleeve for a laugh but,not willing to give me a clue.We'll just have to wait and trust him i guess. :roflmao: 

Gonna be a grrrrrrrrreat time.Not trying to hurry those summer months along but,Come ON September!!!

WELCOME TO  THE

5TH Annual NAGF IL. Meet&Greet     

Clinton Lake State Rec Area

White Tail campground 'F-Loop'

SEPTEMBER 15-16-17   2017

Dewitt,IL.

Directions>>>>>https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

Reservations>>>https://www.reservea...kId=451791#sr_a

• Dusty Boots, erwjww and Monkeytrucker like this

#84 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

John has something up his sleeve?  Hey I think I know how he is going to surprise everyone.  He is going to work all summer on his Potato bike and show up with it running even if it is only on 2 cylinders. :roflmao:

Wonder if the HD couple we hijacked last summer and got into the photo will be riding thru the park again?

Also wonder if Dusty Boots will have over 400,000 miles on his bike by then.  Have seen on the weather where he has had some good days to ride up his way.

Estella got her Mothers Day gift yesterday.  Fifty bags of cypress mulch.  Sold another treasured special tool that I will never again use to get her mulch. We are laying down green house roof plastic before spreading mulch.  Managed to pull a muscle in my back wrestling those bags off Frankentruck.  Spent the evening and so far this morning with a heating pad on it.  Have to get it feeling good so we can ride this weekend pulling the camper somewhere to escape the constant "WE GOTTA DO" things such as mowing grass which is high on today's list.  Now we just have to figure out where to go camping.  Been looking at some free sites but have found in comments by those who have been there the reports are bad.

• Buckfarrack likes this

#85 Lemon

Lemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500SE
  • Model Year:1996
  • First Name:Gene

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

There is this going on this weekend. A Post from Motocampers.com

Vienna Trail of Tears - 5/11/2017-5/13/2017

Host: Jim Mizell Location: Vienna, IL City Park
Host Phone: 618 520 5317
Host Email: j.mizell@sbcglobal.net
Co-Host: Sue Mizell Vienna, IL 62995
Co-Host Phone: 618 520 5316 Website:
Co-Host Email: Camp Phone:

Cost: FREE

Directions: 24 North of Paducah, KY on Interstate 24. Take exit 16 onto highway 146. Park is 1 mile west of Interstate 24
Conveniences/Services: sit down restaurants, fast food, gasoline
Attractions: The Chocolate Factory, Dixon Springs, Lake Glendale, Garden of the Gods, Cave In Rock, bicycle and hiking trails, Tunnel Hill Railroad Museum and LOTS of beautiful scenery and great riding!
What to Bring: Everyday camping supplies
Remarks: Firewood will be provided by camp host. There are NO SHOWERS available at the City Park. Did I mention that this campout is FREE??!!! Electricity at all sites

• Buckfarrack likes this

#86 RJ-97

RJ-97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNew Florence, Missouri
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2009
  • First Name:Randy

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Heading out for Vienna in about 10 minutes. 

• Buckfarrack likes this

#87 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

121 days till Friday September 15th

#88 kiptap

kiptap

• Members w/Sub 1
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBolingbrook, IL
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500SE
  • Model Year:1996
  • First Name:Paul

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

https://countingdown...countdown-clock

:Face-Smile-Big:

#89 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 4 weeks ago

There are 111 days until the IL M&G starts on 9/15/2017 :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon getting closer to those great HD(heavy duty by Harley Davidson guys) slow cooked ribs.

#90 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted A week ago

96 days and counting.  About time for those wild guys to start "SLOW" cooking those ribs!

#91 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 4 days ago

86 days left till those HD ribs.

BTW, today June 21st is the longest day of the year and Summer officially begins.  Tell that to the people out west where it is about 117 degrees during the day.

• Buckfarrack likes this

#92 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 2 days ago

There is this going on this weekend. A Post from Motocampers.com

Vienna Trail of Tears - 5/11/2017-5/13/2017

Host: Jim Mizell Location: Vienna, IL City Park
Host Phone: 618 520 5317
Host Email: j.mizell@sbcglobal.net
Co-Host: Sue Mizell Vienna, IL 62995
Co-Host Phone: 618 520 5316 Website:
Co-Host Email: Camp Phone:

Cost: FREE

Directions: 24 North of Paducah, KY on Interstate 24. Take exit 16 onto highway 146. Park is 1 mile west of Interstate 24
Conveniences/Services: sit down restaurants, fast food, gasoline
Attractions: The Chocolate Factory, Dixon Springs, Lake Glendale, Garden of the Gods, Cave In Rock, bicycle and hiking trails, Tunnel Hill Railroad Museum and LOTS of beautiful scenery and great riding!
What to Bring: Everyday camping supplies
Remarks: Firewood will be provided by camp host. There are NO SHOWERS available at the City Park. Did I mention that this campout is FREE??!!! Electricity at all sites

Hey Thanks Lemon.Dang,I didn't EVEN know about this and my camp is 5 miles north of Vienna AND i was THERE at the time.

Heading out for Vienna in about 10 minutes. 

I am SO sorry i didn't get back on here in time to see this posted Randy.Doggone IT!!! I have a place y'all can camp,with electric and water FREE.3 separate campsites,a pavillion,a clean porta potty,and fire ring with firewood. Even have access to the shower house 300 yards away at our property. Monkey Trucker,next time you decide to camp somewhere,give me a call to see where i am at.I just got home (Mansfield) from being at my southern property for over a month.

ANYONE of you,if you are traveling near Paducah,or Southern tip of ILLinoy (Vienna) get a hold of one of these fellers that has my # and give me a call or Text.Hopefully i will be at Redneck Paradise and you will love your free campsite.Might even drink a couple beers and fire-up one of my grills or smoker for supper.

I need to hide a key to one of the entrances,and give the code to the shower house so y'all could help yourself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.Got my on a couple nice lookin'pigs.

• jobe05, Parman, Dusty Boots and 2 others like this

#93 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted A day ago

Just might take you up on that.   Things here are over whelming us so a break for a couple nights would help.  

The home health group has instituted a crazy rule.  If you are gone and your home health  person cannot make their time with you they can put you too the back of the line and you lose your person.  Ours has been with us for one and a half years and we would hate to lose her.  She can read us like a book and that is great and she laughs at my jokes even when they have a little color to them.

We are having to sell my prized 1941 slant dash John Deere A and my 1950 Allis-Chalmers CA with a belly mower.  Also our Chevy Astro Van.  For those of you who have heard an old 2 cylinder JD under a load know what the other motor heads are missing.  JD fired both cylinders on the same revolution and then coasted on the fly wheel on the next revolution.  Under a load that made the front end jerk up and down. Hand clutch and turning brakes.  Turning the front wheels while it is not moving is a study of true muscle power.  You usually had to stand up to do that and even when driving standing was more comfortable than sitting.

• Buckfarrack likes this

#94 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted A day ago

Hey Buck, I forgot to mention that on Monday August 21st your southern property is going to be in the path of the total eclipse of the sun.  Don't miss it.  You need to have your video camera pointed at the sun with a couple of arc welding filters on it.  It is supposed to be very special at the moment of total eclipse.

#95 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted A day ago

Hey Buck, I forgot to mention that on Monday August 21st your southern property is going to be in the path of the total eclipse of the sun.  Don't miss it.  You need to have your video camera pointed at the sun with a couple of arc welding filters on it.  It is supposed to be very special at the moment of total eclipse.

We are preparing! What is wild is,the longest duration of total eclipse is DIRECTLY OVER THE TOP OF MY PROPERTY (2 mins and 40 seconds) 

I ordered 50 pair of eclipse glasses to hand out to friends and guests August 21st.Also,if you are interested.... :roflmao: OZZIE Osborne will be at Walker Bluffs Winery a few miles away,Moonstock. Gonna be a h e l l u v a 2 min and 40 sec excuse to throw 12 hour party at my place,i'm sure.

• Parman, Dusty Boots and Lemon like this

#96 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted A day ago

Gee Rod, it is on Monday.  Think you can get the day off from work? :roflmao: