Time to think about the 5th Annual NAGF (Illinois) M&G Sept 15 - 17, 2017

• Please log in to reply

295 replies to this topic

#281 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Locationis near the Monkey's Eyebrow,Ky.
  • Goldwing Model:GL FiF-Teen Hunnerd
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:BUcK

Posted 2 days ago

Uh...well Gary,it was 2am ,but come Saturday night i believe i shut the lights off as the last person to hit the hay at 10:35pm,so Donna doesn't mind one evening of late night.

Sounds like we need to get YOU the stackable plugs! :roflmao:

• Rcameron likes this

#282 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Locationis near the Monkey's Eyebrow,Ky.
  • Goldwing Model:GL FiF-Teen Hunnerd
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:BUcK

Posted 2 days ago

Hats off to Rod & the entire cooking crew. They are what puts this event over the top. :thumbs-up:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon 

Ahhh,Thanks Buddy,it's a team! We're ALL really glad you come every year Carl. Sure enjoy chatting with you buddy.

Thank you Buck and all of your buddies efforts!!!  One big family and great to be a part of.  Looking forward to next year and hopefully more opportunities to see people prior to #6.

Your welcome Mark and Michelle.Glad y'all make it each year and it's nice of you two bringing the fancy boxed sweets.No doubt,it's a big hit for all our friends.

I got home about 2:30 pm yesterday afternoon after taking some different routes home. One thing I noticed is the corn fields all look the same no matter which route I take in IL.

As always another very successful event.

Thanks to all that assisted in making this another successful event. Rod a special thanks to you and your crew for providing some of the best cooking we can experience. As always it was delicious.

Every year we get new people attending and its great to see that the forum is still alive and  drawing new members in. Its always fun to meet new people. Its always good to get together with old friends as well. It's amazing that we only cross paths a few of times each year in our travels that we always have a great time together for the short time that we are together. Looking forward to next year already.

You Welcome Don.Super happy you got the time to make it down another year,every year.Always a good time talking to ya bud.Hope to see you again next year.

Sue and I had a great time, it was good to meet such a bunch of nice welcoming folks like you all. Good to have the camper out again and sure appreciate Randy sharing his site with us.

Can't thank Buck enough for preparing and feeding us all with the delicious vittles he rustled up. Seriously, it took an extra tug on the jacket zipper when we left, sure glad he and crew got it done before we left.

Hope we can fit it in next year.

Thank you Mike and Sue.It was a pleasure meeting you both.We hope you enjoyed our meet,and we hope you consider returning next year.

Buck

• Rcameron likes this

#283 RJ-97

RJ-97

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNew Florence, Missouri
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2009
  • First Name:Randy

Posted 2 days ago

Enjoyed it!!!   GREAT weekend.

Was good to see and hang with everyone again, plus the opportunity to meet new folks.

It's quite a ways off, but looking forward to next year. 

I know it's a re-hash, but have to send kudos out to Buck, Donna, Beth, Jack and the rest, for all the hard work and great food.

• erwjww and Buckfarrack like this

#284 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSt. Francisville, IL USA
  • Goldwing Model:1800
  • Model Year:10
  • First Name:Gary

Posted 2 days ago

I know it's a re-hash, but have to send kudos out to Buck, Donna, Beth, Jack and the rest, for all the hard work and great food.

Do not say re-hash.  Hash was about the only thing that crew of cooks, chefs, helpers, helpers before and after the actual day of glutinous ravenous eating event happened.  Then there was Beth, Donna and others who added meals even before the actual start.

As Jack (the guy who could not spell a forum name) said, it was every last one who was there that made the event the greatest ever.  So everyone who was there reach over your shoulder and give yourself a pat on the back for your contribution.

:agreed-with-sign:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  :Face-Smile-Big:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  :Face-Raspberry:  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon  :Party:  :Clown:

• Buckfarrack likes this

#285 Halfling

Halfling

• Moderators
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2017
  • First Name:John

Posted 2 days ago

Here's the motley crew, thanks Gary!

Attached Files

• Buckfarrack, Monkeytrucker and Rcameron like this

#286 JGL351

JGL351

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationToronto ON Canada
  • Goldwing Model:airbag
  • Model Year:2009
  • First Name:James

Posted A day ago

Hi all

Arrived home about 5:30 Monday after visiting in-laws in La Fayette IN. Sunday.  The trip home was uneventful except for having my credit card declined ... It was last used at a Casey's Convenience store for gas on #9 in IL on Sunday (the only thing I used it for)  It was hacked and a charge for $900 was added.  My bank immediately flagged the account.  Good thing I had some extra cash to get me home.

Thanks again for all your support.

I will be back next year.  already on the calendar.

• Halfling, Parman and Monkeytrucker like this

#287 weengers

weengers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL
  • Goldwing Model:Level 3 GL1800
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Michael

Posted A day ago

Hi all
Arrived home about 5:30 Monday after visiting in-laws in La Fayette IN. Sunday.  The trip home was uneventful except for having my credit card declined ... It was last used at a Casey's Convenience store for gas on #9 in IL on Sunday (the only thing I used it for)  It was hacked and a charge for $900 was added.  My bank immediately flagged the account.  Good thing I had some extra cash to get me home.

I have a strong desire to apologize for my state. Casey's, not so much. I try to avoid them since 911, two of them near me immediately raised gas to over $5 a gallon.
  • Monkeytrucker likes this

#288 Parman

Parman

• Moderators
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • First Name:Don

Posted A day ago

Hi all

Glad you made it home safely.

At least you bank caught it before they hit you to hard. I've had my debit card hit 3 times over the last few years. One time my wife was in Korea visiting her family. Good thing she was with family because they froze my account for about 5 days until we sorted thru charges and got my account credited.

• Monkeytrucker likes this

#289 Halfling

Halfling

• Moderators
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2017

Posted A day ago

Nancy and I took a short trip over to Quality RV on Saturday where we had a nice visit with Jerry (Ghost Rider 2). Its always good to meet a member in person and this was no exception! Also, Jerry gave us an outstanding recommendation for a place to have lunch! Thanks Jerry, maybe next year you can make it over to the M&G!!!

#290 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted A day ago

Hi all

Jim, you should have convinced the clerk to take some of that Canadian money.  It is always fun to find Canadian coins here in the mid america area.  

Glad your bank caught the charge.  I think Estella has it all spent by now as today was pay bill day.  She said it was only $899.95.

:roflmao:

#291 weengers

weengers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL
  • Goldwing Model:Level 3 GL1800
  • First Name:Michael

Posted 11 hours ago

The wife and i are still on for Friday, looking forward to seeing everybody, Friday was kinda iffy for a few, was going to buy a tagalong trailer Harbor Freight has clearanced but can only find a couple stores that still have, and I don't get paid till Friday. Maybe I can go get one Sunday if 1 still has it. So far only the store by Joliet has and Peru, 199.97 on sale

Did you get the trailer?

#292 Mysticfour

Mysticfour

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationE Peoria Il
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500A
  • Model Year:1992
  • First Name:Ronnie

Posted 8 hours ago

Yes, I got the trailer, it was missing a hinge bracket, both fenders cracked and broken, and marker light cracked. Called the headquarters yesterday and they have ordered the replacement part but it will take up to 10 weeks to get them, trailer has been discontinued. They gave me an additional 30 dollars off at store because we saw fenders were bad.

#293 Monkeytrucker

Monkeytrucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 7 hours ago

Are you going to narrow it?  I did mine by about 8" (if I remember right) and moved the tongue forward so it was longer.  The axle I simply cut out what was needed and then put a piece of pipe down into the U channel, clamped it tight and welded it back together.  On mine I built a 16 gauge steel box for my power chair.  We even pull it behind the Fiat when we need the chair or need to haul more than can be stuffed in the Fiat. 

#294 Mysticfour

Mysticfour

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationE Peoria Il
  • Goldwing Model:GL1500A
  • Model Year:1992
  • First Name:Ronnie

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

I bought the 1 that has shell already, made for it. Tongue can be lengthened but not doing that yet

#295 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationLake Oologah, OK
  • Model Year:2002

Posted Today, 05:20 PM

Hi all

Jim,

Glad you had pocket money with you.  We have stopped entering the Debit Pin Code at gas  pumps and unknown store locations.  using the Credit Card method almost entirely now, you have to sign the receipt or enter the proper Zipcode at the pump.  I don't like using it too much at a cash register where the clerks can keep a copy of the receipt.

but, today, it is almost a requirement to get around.

we are almost a cashless society now.

#296 Rcameron

Rcameron

• Moderators
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHolton, Kansas
  • Model Year:2008
  • First Name:Rex

Posted Today, 05:59 PM

Hi all

After having our checking account hacked twice and the hassel of waiting for the bank to reimburse the money that was taken, we have gone to strictly using a credit card separate from our bank cards, then paying it off with our bank account. That way, if we are hacked they will charge up on the credit card and not have access to our money in the checking account. So far this has seemed to work pretty well.

• Halfling likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Rcameron