NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
Monkeytrucker

Time to think about the 5th Annual NAGF (Illinois) M&G Sept 15 - 17, 2017

316 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

I have made habit to use a credit card for everything I can.  Even bought a car on one!  Dealer didn't like it, but I got 2% off and paid it before interest hit.  On a newer car, the dealer would only allow a $5,000 credit card transaction.

As far a receipts, online accounts with the credit card will be managed for you.  Life gets easier and easier, just know how they expect you to screw up and prevent extra charges by doing otherwise.

We did that when we bought Estella's Fiat.  As you said,the dealer did not like it as they lost a couple percent.  We offered to pay them with a check if they would take another 5% off, she had a 5% cash back card, but they would not do it. When she got it home she immediately sent a bank transfer to the CCC.  

I always get a laugh at the car dealers and others who say they will give you $5,000 back when you buy a new product.  Don't people realize you do not get anything back if you have to pay it in first?

Car makers and others do not simply cut their prices because if they offer a rebate they are able to write the rebates off as a business expense.

JGL351

I have had a difficult week... on the way to visit in-laws, from the Illinois M&G, I bought gas at a Casey"s.  That evening my son phone to tell me he got an alert on Debs phone from the bank.. there was a mysterious charge and the card had a hold on it.  I had enough cash to get home and I called Visa , someone  added a $900 limo charge to the account.  I had to close the account as it was in Debs name and start a new account.  I had already closed her other credit accounts so I had to wait the whole week for a new card to arrive and had no usable card.  

On Wed my internet went out.  It took 3 days to get a technison to the house, in the meantime i felt cut off from the world (i retrospect that may be a good thing)

All is good now

• Like 3

Mysticfour

someone snuck a card skimmer into the gas pump and stole your info. There is an app out for phone that can tell if there is a skimmer nearby, they send a signal to thief via bluetooth and so far all use same signal and the app looks for that particular signal. i just got the app and will use it before i put my card into a pump to try it out. I was reading up on this after you posted that last week

m2102

What was the name of the app? I would like to have it also.

Mysticfour

That would be it, just need to remember to use it, may try when at stations even when not getting gas just to see

• Like 1

Halfling

Did anyone post any pictures of this event or did I miss it???:dont-know-icon:

Galaxyhunter
10 hours ago, Halfling said:

Did anyone post any pictures of this event or did I miss it???:dont-know-icon:

I think we where having to much fun M'ing & G'ing  to take pic's. :Party:

• Like 1

RJ-97

Can't remember if a date had been established for 2018.  I ask because I'm getting ready to set a date for the "Missouri Campfire" (event for Motocampers).  I would like to schedule it for the weekend after this one. Thought I read somewhere it was going to be 14-16, if so mine here in MO will be 20-23 Sep.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots
On 9/18/2017 at 1:05 PM, Galaxyhunter said:

Looks Like next year it falls on September 14 & 15.

Monkeytrucker

Hey Dusty, you have better drag that 1500 out of retirement on that weekend next year.  You want something reliable to ride.

:roflmao:

Sorry about that, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  Besides, if Estella becomes a rich oil tycoon you might want to try to steal her away.

I am thinking about putting the dozer blade back on the front of my 2 cylinder vehicle.  Of course my 2 cyl does not have the HP yours does but maybe mine has more traction.  Take care Ken.  Estella says HI.  Maybe I can get her to get online and say HI herself.

• Haha 1

Dusty Boots

No worries, Gary!  :lol:

I sure hope to make it this year, although I am wanting to get back to 'camping basics', so I will most likely be tenting it.

:thumbs-up:  Hi Estella!

Monkeytrucker

Yeah if I was you I would tie a tent to the back seat of that "Thing" and go camping.  It probably would not pull that nice camping trailer.  

The great american myth bike made in York, PA riders always want a tent and a small diddy bag tied to their bike.  Makes them look more on the wild side.  I always laugh at how many of those bikes are parked outside a motel.  Guess that cute young blond that used to come as standard equipment on those bikes now demands to sleep, actually sleep, in comfort because now they weigh 200+ sleeping on the ground ain't gonna happen.

At least we know your imitation Harley will get ridden and not just to the coffee shop.

Hope you have a humor Ken, because you bringing that half-breed bike into the same space as your 1500, well your 1500 contacted my 1800 and told it to tell me to really lay it on you about cheating on her. 

:59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

Dusty Boots

My 'half-breed' bike is light years ahead of the York, PA bikes, Gary.   :roflmao:

Might want to edumacate yerself a bit.   ;)    1 of 5 segments

Halfling

Excellent video Ken!

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Nice advertisement Ken.  However I will stick to Honda.  You are an advertisement for the reliability of your 1500 and the 1800 is the same.  Keep the oil changed and basic maintenance done and half a million miles without any engine work is not uncommon.  Doubt is any other bike can say the same. 

Hope you can be the advertisement for the Victory at that many miles and years.  Hope you live that long.  Until one of us is in the ground I hope we can keep poking each other about our bikes.....  :agreed-with-sign:

• Thanks 1