NAGF News Ticker
  • New Arrivals!!!
  • The NAGF Online Store...
  • AND
  • The NEW Classifieds System (Adverts)...
  • ARE NOW ONLINE!!!
  • Each with a detailed "Walkthrough" available
  • Check the New Dropdown Menu for Access...
Monkeytrucker

Time to think about the 5th Annual NAGF (Illinois) M&G Sept 15 - 17, 2017

316 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

It is only 9 months away. Buck-in-ator and his Kelvinator rib cooking buddies need to start slathering those fantastic ribs. Years fly by fast when one gets to see great people at this event.

Here is the 2016 photo taken before the ribs were served. Had to take it while faces were still clean.

• Like 3

Mysticfour

Hoping to make it again this year. We enjoyed the little bit of time that we were there. Enjoyed meeting everyone

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Hoping to make it again this year. We enjoyed the little bit of time that we were there. Enjoyed meeting everyone

Has the grandson worn out that tractor yet?

Mysticfour

lol, no he has not played with it in a long time now. They tried hitting each other with it and it got put away fornow

• Like 2

Galaxyhunter

To let everybody know when ---, What is the date of this event?

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

To let everybody know when ---, What is the date of this event?

I have it marked down on my Calendar as Sept 15, 16, 17!

• Like 3

Buckfarrack

YES,that is correct date Dusty.I was just thinking about this a couple days ago so good to bring up a thread on it.

Gary,if you will,have the date posted in either the Thread topic or the first post please.I will be back here soon with updates,and also post when the campsites are open to reserve.

Can't wait! Hope to see many of y'all return along with some new faces to

Buck

• Like 2

rcameron

YES,that is correct date Dusty.I was just thinking about this a couple days ago so good to bring up a thread on it.

Gary,if you will,have the date posted in either the Thread topic or the first post please.I will be back here soon with updates,and also post when the campsites are open to reserve.

Can't wait! Hope to see many of y'all return along with some new faces to

Buck

I added the dates to the thread topic. 

• Like 4

Buckfarrack

Thank you much Rex.

pwhoever

Thanks for the update. Just penciled it in now!

• Like 1

youngnbald

Have it down also!

• Like 2

Monkeytrucker

I added the dates to the thread topic. 

TNX.  Have been tied up for a few days with stuff going on so I failed to check the thread.  Did manage to disobey the supreme commander today and take a little ride up the road and back so my February ride is in.  Now if I can cheat and get a few wheel revolutions done in March my record of riding in every month will be intact.

Looking forward to the 5th annual event.  Maybe Dusty and us will share campsite #13 again.  He did not snore as loud as some said.

• Like 3

RJ-97

Pretty early to say for sure, but got it on my calendar too.  With that said, after last year it's gonna take something serious to keep me away.

• Like 2

kamikaze84

Im in

• Like 1

RHalbur

Got it marked down and have taken vacation tie for this M&G.

• Like 4

Parman

Got it marked down and have taken vacation tie for this M&G.

I always burn a vacation day to attend this one as well. See you there Rick.

• Like 2

rcameron

For anyone that has not attended this event before, there are no reservation details or real location details listed in this thread. If someone could provide more details that would be great! We may be interested, not sure yet!

Thanks!

:Face-Uncertain:  :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2

pwhoever

This year IIRC, it will be held the weekend of Sep 15-17. It is always held at Clinton Lake Recreation Area and it is divided up in loops. We take over the F loop. For more info, take a look at this https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/Parks/Pages/ClintonLake.aspxIf you click on the camping link at the top, it will take you to a page that has a link to make reservations. Everyone that has come in the past has stayed at the campground because there really are no hotels/motels close by and all the fun is at the campground anyway. Most split the camp sites with another camper because they are a decent size and the cost gets split. I hope this helps...

• Like 5

Dusty Boots

Rex  ...  we hang out right at the end of F Loop

• Like 1

RHalbur

I just went to Reservation site and can not make reservations until mid March.

• Like 1

Galaxyhunter

I just went to Reservation site and can not make reservations until mid March.

I believe that there is a 6 month limit for reservations. So March 15, we should be in business.

• Like 1

youngnbald

For anyone that has not attended this event before, there are no reservation details or real location details listed in this thread. If someone could provide more details that would be great! We may be interested, not sure yet!

Thanks!

Hotels are available 13-15 miles away in Clinton, IL.  Don't let that stop you from coming!

• Like 1

Parman

Rick you are correct. The State Park doesn't start taking reservations until March timeframe. Rod normally will post on the event once the reservation hotline is open.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

We are awaiting the reservation opening so we can get #13 for the 5th year in a row.  Can smell those ribs slow cooked in an old refrigerator with a unique temperature control.  Have heard a disturbing rumor that the ribs are rubbed with HD oil.  Hopefully that is an alternative fact and fake news.  I refuse to divulge my sources. 

Buckfarrack

Thanks!

Sorry Rex,its hard for me to update,but i guess i can do it in my posts here.

The campsite 'Reservation link' for Clinton Lake Rec Area is the following...

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/clinton-lake-state-recreation-area/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=IL&parkId=451791 <<<<<<<<<

NOTICE: Campsite reservations are NOT allowed until APRIL 16th 2017.

The link will provide you directions and/or GPS coordinates,which is,just a couple mile South of DEWITT,IL.

We reserve our own campsites in the F-LOOP of the Whitetail campground of the state park. I reserve campsite 17,and Jack usually reserves campsite 16 so our cooking tents are close and plenty of room.

WHEN you reserve your campsite,PLEASE post on here if you are willing to share with another forum member

Please consider attending our 5th annual M&G!

Firewood & Smoked meats will be provided again this year by Me,with the super help of a few crazy Harley friends to make fun of,along with an Awesome breakfast buffet Saturday morning,courtesy of Jack and Beth.Do NOT worry about trying to travel with side dishes,they also will be provided.

Relax,let some of us local ILLINOIS boys host this meet and hope y'all have a great time!

FRIDAY evening,we will all ride/drive to Clinton for our evening meal around 5:30pm so folks have time to mingle and set-up camp.

Some of us usually reserve and show up Wed or Thurs afternoon,incase you feel like spending more time camping.

Hope to see you THERE!!! (Sept 15th,16th,and depart the 17th).

Buck

• Like 3