• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Goldwing Model:700 Honda Shadow
  • Model Year:1986
  • First Name:Patty

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

We had a wonderful time. Met up with some old friends and made some new ones, even if we did have to kiss a fish. LOL.  Can't wait till the next time we meet again.  Oh, and the heat here is unbearable. Mountains, please.

• OnaWingandaPrayer likes this

#502 Rebel Girl

Rebel Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Goldwing Model:700 Honda Shadow
  • Model Year:1986
  • First Name:Patty

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Is it time to meet again yet?  Tricky, Rick and Wayne, we'll be looking for you at Punkin Center. Tell Sherry we said hi. 

• tricky likes this

#503 wpgfire

wpgfire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
  • Goldwing Model:SE
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:Lawrence

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Indiana in 2018? So many questions. Where's the thread? 

#504 brianinpa

brianinpa

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLebanon, PA
  • Goldwing Model:1200's
  • Model Year:1984 & 1987
  • First Name:Brian

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Had a great time meeting other riders and visiting WV attractions. The roads are great in WV!

I did get a little wet on the way home, the sky really opened up as I was coming into Altoona, PA, really cooled me off.  :Face-Smile-Big:

I kept looking for one of those cooling off showers yesterday...  I never did find one.

#505 RHalbur

RHalbur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAdel, IA
  • Goldwing Model:1800 GL18HPNMA
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Rick

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Made it home safe and sound around 1:30PM 7-15-2017. 2,657 Miles round trip. Had a great time seeing everyone and all the places we seen and traveled. See everyone next year or at some other events!

• OnaWingandaPrayer and youngnbald like this

#506 ChuckG

ChuckG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMaumelle,Arkansas,USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 Honda
  • Model Year:2004
  • First Name:Chuck

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

I Dodge / ChuckG made it home along with DaveO430 and Lopeha around noon on 7/15. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all. My hat is off to all that organized and worked on NASR 10. I can't wait til next year!

• OnaWingandaPrayer and Goldwinger like this

#507 brianinpa

brianinpa

• Beta Testers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLebanon, PA
  • Goldwing Model:1200's
  • Model Year:1984 & 1987
  • First Name:Brian

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

John and Becca...  thank you for putting together an awesome event in a wonderful location.

• RHalbur and OnaWingandaPrayer like this

#508 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationLake Oologah, OK
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2002
  • First Name:John

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

Gave up on the Motel 6 WiFi, i am now using the Hotspot on my cellphone.

#509 OnaWingandaPrayer

OnaWingandaPrayer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Florida
  • Goldwing Model:GL1000, GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1500, GL1800
  • Model Year:1975, 1983I, 1986SEi, 1993A, 1994SE, 2003 ABS
  • First Name:Mike

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

OnaWingandaPrayer reporting in , home safe and sound. Luckily we made it in the yard just before midnight , so the chariot didn't turn into a pumpkin.  (7-15-17)  . 

Hats off to John and crew for a great NASSIR reboot to  NASR . It was a wonderful setting . Every road was fun and filled with sights.

Thank you to Anita and her crew from the Great White North (Canada) for the experience/indoctrination to become an " Honorary Newfoundlander " . Long May Your Big Jib Draw

Again Thanks to all for making this another memorable gathering of new and old friends. See ya'll down the road.

• brianinpa and Steed like this

#510 coffee pot

coffee pot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMoultrie, Georgia, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL 1800
  • Model Year:2008, 2010
  • First Name:Ken

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

Well I am late posting. Ladybug and I arrived home yesterday afternoon about 4:30. We had a fantastic time. It was a very blessed time with all of the help that was offered and done for us. It has been difficult to ask for and accept help for things that I used to be able to do. The entire group at NASR was such a blessing. Thank you to all for everything. A special thanks to our hosts John and Becca.
  • brianinpa and OnaWingandaPrayer like this

#511 Steed

Steed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationNew Castle, Pa, U.S.A.
  • Goldwing Model:(ST 1300)
  • Model Year:2006
  • First Name:Terry

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

Any heads-up for a link or post with some NASR 10 pictures. Mainly the "Group Photo" ???

#512 lopeha

lopeha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustin, Arkansas
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800/GL1500
  • Model Year:2002/1993
  • First Name:Andy

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

The group photo was taken by Michael Coleman who is still on vacation. He will post it soon.
  • Steed likes this

#513 jobe05

jobe05

• Moderators
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKing NC
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800, GL1500
  • Model Year:2012, 1989

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

We are home and for the most part, unpacked and things put back away.  What a week we had EH!! 

I  can honestly say, that with a year to plan and prepare for this event, nothing could truly prepare me for all that needed to be done.  A very special thank you go out to Becca, Kyle and Nikki, Ronnie and Dave!!  You guys just stepped in and were by our side during the whole event, without being asked.  Your help was truly needed and welcomed.

Thanks to Anita for her Screech and Kiss the Cod (Stinky Mullet).  Anita, Bob, Chuck and all involved did an amazing job getting everyone together and making us what we are today, Honorary Newfies!!!!

A big thank you to Michal and Melinda for taking pictures, videos and conducting interviews which really was fun.  THank you so much for memorializing  NASR10 in the visual spotlight for years to come.

Thanks to The Snore's, Doug and Michelle and to James (Creekwalker) for putting on our annual Auction.  Your help and participation throughout the years is very much appreciated.  Our Auction is the most anticipated part of any NASR and because of your participation, they are always successful.  Thank you very much!

And a huge thank You to Bill, (flyone).  from the onset of NASR10, Bill was busy in the back ground making calls and helping me in so many ways with his knowledge and suggestions helping to make NASR10 what it was.  Not to mention Bill being Bill during the event.........

The one bad thing about naming names with gratitude, is that there will always be some that are forgotten, but rest assured, you have not!!  I just wanted to hit the high points of my gratitude for those who reached out to help NASR10 as a whole.

The most important thank you goes out to all who attended NASR10!!  I was humbled to be your host, but you are the ones that make this event what it is.  I did not attend the first 4 events, and missed 6 and 9.  But I know these events were just like this one, because they are what all of you make them, FUN!!!!  Every NASR event is different in the place that it is held, the arrangements made for us and the theme of the whole event.  But it is YOU, that makes any of these events the success that they are!

My only wish going into NASR10, and now that it is over, is that everyone had a wonderful time regardless of things that perhaps you didn't like or missed out on.  If there were things you didn't like, please shoot me a PM so I can share this with the event committee and future host.

Seneca Rocks.........  What can I say, one of the most beautiful places that I have ever visited.  Over the past year I read tid bits of things to do in the area.  However once the event started and the opportunity to do these things, it became overwhelming very quickly, and in a very good way!  Spending a week in this are still did not give us enough time to do all that the has to offer.........  (DO I hear another event being held here?) 

"Let us take you back".........  THat was the theme for NASR10, and I think that we achieved it!  I know it was an inconvenience for some at times, but looking back, how great was it to be able to spend time with dear friends with out the fear of the phone ringing or phones in front of everyone's face.....  But that's not the only thing that took us back.  For those you were fortunate to run into some of the locals, you know why I came up with this theme immediately.  The laid back ways and old charm feel of the area I hoped, made for a relaxing event for everyone.

In closing, it was a great pleasure to host NASR10, for those who have hosted these events, Im sure they would agree that it is a lot of work and organization, but I know for myself, I would do all over again in a heart beat!!

It was so wonderful to see Old and New friends again, Can't wait for NASR11!!

• DaveO430, brianinpa, youngnbald and 3 others like this

#514 DaveO430

DaveO430

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAmity ar.
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:David

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

Great job John, you made things almost too good.  :thumbs-up:

• lopeha and winger77 like this

#515 winger77

winger77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSpringville, Pa.
  • Goldwing Model:Aspencade
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:Dave

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Hell John,, it was with great pleasure to lend a hand. And I don't think I did all that much anyway. But because we chose to spend most of our time at camp, we were able to make better connections with all the members. There were so many that I "knew of" but didn't "know" (if that makes any sense). 

Ronnie and I enjoyed ourselves immensely. Looking forward to seeing everyone again (and others) at NASR-11. Ane if any of us meet up before then,,,, EVEN BETTER :thumbs-up:  

• QDaddy likes this

#516 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Just wish I could have done more, I get too hot, all too quickly it seems now.

Oh, just one thing that you overlooked in us selecting this site.

There are DEER present !!!

the state trooper told Cynthia that WV has the highest deer strikes in the nation....

how he knows this is not known, as they don't even make a report on them.

They just sign a slip of paper for the insurance company and let it go.

With my golden 20/20 hindsight now in gear, I wish I had followed up on my first glimmering thought and rented a Round Trip vehicle for this trip.... sigh! that deer wiped out Cynthia's car which she so loved.... still no news as to how the ins. co. is going to handle it, I got an email stating that it would be inspected on the 20th which is tomorrow.

20170711_141049.jpg

#517 jobe05

jobe05

• Moderators
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKing NC
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800, GL1500
  • Model Year:2012, 1989

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Just wish I could have done more, I get too hot, all too quickly it seems now.

Oh, just one thing that you overlooked in us selecting this site.

There are DEER present !!!

Contraire my friend........  Contraire....

I spoke of it just that morning at breakfast, telling everyone to be safe specifically due to the deer.

The deer there has no rhyme or reason as to when an where they travel.  The Ruda's and us went to Seneca Caverns for Dinner last Saturday night and on the way home, in just an 8 mile stretch we seen at least 100 deer.  There is a bunch of them there thats for sure. 

Still rather upset we didn't have roasted venison for supper that night......

• AZgl1800 likes this

#518 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBealton, Norfolk County, ON, Canada.
  • Goldwing Model:Aspencade
  • Model Year:1985
  • First Name:Rick

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

I really enjoyed NASR10  it had been several years since I had attended one in the flesh, I was there in spirit for each one I missed though.

John you really did a great job, along with all your helpers, the food was great, the company was excellent, what more can one say.

It was sad to see Cynthia reduce the number of deer by one and the damage and inconvenience and cost that it caused fortunately it was humans 1 deer 0

I do remember that the first thing that I heard john say and several times over the course of the event was a warning about the presence of the deer and that they don't have any road sense, someone must have been moving the deer crossing signs (grin).

It sure did take us back to earlier times and without having cell service I had to talk to some unsavory characters.

All in all a great meet.

Thanks to all who participated.

Tricky

• brianinpa, OnaWingandaPrayer and Steed like this

#519 Steed

Steed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationNew Castle, Pa, U.S.A.
  • Goldwing Model:(ST 1300)
  • Model Year:2006
  • First Name:Terry

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

It sure did take us back to earlier times and without having cell service I had to talk to some unsavory characters.

Thanks to all who participated.

Tricky

Well, I haven't been called an unsavory character in quite some time, but I did enjoy revisiting with you Rick... LOL

#520 AZgl1800

AZgl1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Yep, JJ, I remember the discussions there at NASR-10 about the deer present on the roads.

Not that it would have helped out much, but I was playing with our Dashcam in the cabin downloading pictures when the Deer incident occurred.

sure made me wish that I had left it in the car, until that car was parked for good that day :(

Would have been neat to have a video of the deer flying over the hood of the car.

Doubt the insurance company really cares though, the DPS officer signed a statement that it was a deer strike.

Hard to disprove that, as the witness following Cynthia used her Personal Protection device to end the deer's misery.

The officer had to call in the forestry folks to come pick up the deer carcass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users