jobe05

2016 - NAGF 2nd Spring Blue Ridge M&G

306 posts in this topic Last Reply

306 posts in this topic

jobe05

NAGF Spring Blue Ridge M&G!

Why Blue Ridge M&G?  This annual M&G Can be held along the Blue Ridge Parkway from Front Royal Va to the Smoky Mountains going into Tennessee!!  The hopes for the event will be that it will be hosted by a different member each year, at or near where the potential host/hostess lives anywhere along or near the 500+ miles of some of the best riding roads in the country.  Any event held near this stretch of road must be a great event based on what the whole area has to offer riders and campers alike!!  Even if you just enjoy the view on the way into the event or on your way home from the event.  The Blue Ridge is centrally located for those in the north and the south, and even for our family in the mid-west.  The Blue Ridge Mountains cover such a large area that it should be easy to find volunteers to host a NAGN Spring Blue Ridge M&G every year, for years to come!

Why the spring time??  Many reasons…….  The summer months are busy with other events, vacations or this is other people’s busy time and can’t get away.  For me, the best reason is there is nothing so breathtaking as the flowering trees and shrubs along the Blue Ridge Mountain Range.  If you like fall rides with the colored leaves, then you’ll love the Flowering Dogwoods and wild rhododendrons in bloom, which are just a couple of the many wonderful sights you will see in this beautiful area in the spring. Temperatures are generally in the mid to high 70's during the day and high 50's to 60's at night at the first of June, so whether you are riding, sitting near the community fire pit or snuggled in your sleeping bag in your tent, the weather should be perfect for all our needs.

So What are the when’s and where’s of this M&G?

I have selected the weekend of June 3rd, 4th and 5th of 2016 for this Second annual Spring Blue Ridge M&G.  Taking largely what Dusty boots had to say about the amount of campgrounds open in the north for those traveling from far away, having a place to stay and rest during their trip.  I love to see as many people as possible to show up for any event anywhere, but all is for not if we don’t do this with the safety and comfort of our membership that attend first and foremost always!!!  So anything earlier in May just wasn’t possible as it would restrict our Brothers and Sisters to the north.  Any later in the year and we start getting into other events that we all might partake in around the country.   I realize that this years dates does coincide with another event, apologies for that, but do to personal schedule, this is the date that I am most available.  I understand that this leaves people making tough decisions, but don’t be hard on yourself (or me), you make the best decision for you!  I and other attendees will understand.

Where is the event being held?

Willville Campgrounds, Route 58 (1510 Jeb Stuart Highway ) - Meadows of Dan, Virginia 24120  (Exit Route 58 West off the Blue Ridge Parkway (Mile Marker 177.7) 
3/4 of a mile on the left) Map

http://www.willville.../campground.htm

Cost for camping is $10 per person per night during the event.  Electric is sporadic throughout the grounds (Bring extension cords).  No reservations are needed, just sign up so we can have an accurate head count for the camp host as I communicate the group needs.  Please keep in mind, nightly rates for days other than the scheduled event days, are at the parks normal rates, and cash or check is the only form of payment that Will accepts.

We will have free use of the campgrounds pavilion for the weekend, which has water and electric, a gas grill and plenty of shaded dry picnic tables, chairs and lounges.  This camp ground is a motorcycle only campgrounds.  If you have an RV, posted information regarding RV sites is below.

Food:  Friday night - BBQ – WHOLE HOG!!!!  baked beans, Smoked Mac & Cheese, and Potato salad. 

I wanted to do the main meal on Friday night based on the amount of food that we didn’t eat last year.  This year, we will have a 120 to 130 lb whole pig (No head for the less timid) and we can eat off that all weekend if there is enough.  If not…………….

Saturday night there will be Hamburgers, Homemade Bratwurst, Chips and, ice cold beer or soda

Breakfast: Pancakes and bacon served every morning along with hot coffee.

Cost of food: Donation! 

Last year all the donations that were given for the event was donated to the NAGforum.  This year will be the same as this is a NAGF Sponsored event.

Lodging  - There are a small Cottage and a “Bunkhouse” that can be rented on site at Willville campgrounds.  In the local area there are other cabin rentals, motels, RV camping, gas, stores and restaurants for all your various needs. 

Motel Info: Blue Ridge Motel, 2295 Jeb Stuart Hwy Meadows of Dan, VA 24120      (276) 952-2244

Price for 1 person room $46 +$4 tax = $50 Total    2 people w 2 beds in a room is $54 + $6 tax = $60 total per night. 

RV camping info: Meadows of Dan CampGrounds 2182 Jeb Stuart Hwy, Meadows of Dan, VA 24120

Sites are $30 per night for a 30amp back in site, or $32 a night for a 50amp pull through site.

(276)-952-2292  www.meadowsofdancampground.com/    You will have to call to make reservation and get prices and availablity depending on your personal needs.

Both Hotel and RV camping facilities are within a ½ mile of Willville Motorcycle camp grounds.

Attendees as of 5/31/2016

Jobe05  -   John & Rebecca   (2)   Camping

-   Tim Johnson         (1)   Camping

- My Sister Sue          (1) Cabin

Hobo  -   Bum                          (1)   Ya never know

Dust Boots  -  Ken                   (1)  Camping

Mowerdoc -  Jim & Pat            (2)   Camping

Zipp        -  Mike                        (1)  Camping

Rampaul1955   -    Paul            (1)  Camping

AZGL1800  -         John             (1)  Motel

Dave0320    -          Dave           (1) Motel

NC Aspenwing - Larry&DeeDee (2) Motel

Russel Lawrence                       (1)  Camping

Larryinseatle - Larry & Steve  -   (2)  Camping

JBHawly    -   John      -               (1)  ??

Halfling   -   John & Nancy             (2)  Camping

Browner_77  Allen - +1                  (2) Camping

JGL351   -  Jim   -                          (1) camping

Visitors:

RoscoPC

Layne and Greg

Maybe's

Ratster          -   Rhett

Brianinpa    -    Brian                  (1)

Dusty Boots

IMIN!     :thumbs-up: 

Might even have a 'surprise guest'  riding along with me.   :)    ;)

mowerdoc

count us in toooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkeytrucker

Hope to be there!

erwjww

Dang it. That's the same weekend of Diggerfest.

zipp

I am in and cant wait. Zipp

thecruiser

All right! The date sounds good. I like the fact that the Chill Out date was a factor in the choosing of the date also. This next year I hope to make both.   :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon: 

Buckfarrack

Heard nothing but good about this gathering. Planning on being there for this one.

pwhoever

Unfortunately since this is the same weekend as Digger's, I will probably not be going to the Blue Ridge M&G. The first Diggers gathering was my first M&G on the Gwing and I have made 3 out of the 4 held and it has now become a tradition for me.

jobe05

If Diggerfest is held on the same weekend every year, then yes, the Spring M&G will be the same weekend.   The Date picked was based on many factors, some of which are location availability, my personal schedule and keeping consideration of others travel plans, this was the only weekend I could do this event.  As we have all experienced, no matter what date is selected, there is just no way to accommodate all 100%.   

Something that I would like everyone to remember however is that this forum was revitalized by its owners and membership for the fellowship and common interest that we all have without the commercial feel of a medium that is controlled by commercial interest for advertising dollars.  In order for that to happen, the forum relies completely on donations from its membership.  This is the only NAGF sponsored event (that I’m aware of, correct me if I’m wrong), that does ask for donations, and 100% of those donations are given back to the forum as a donation to help defray the cost of program updates, add on programs,  web hosting and other cost involved with operating this forum.  With that said, you could say that this event at the present time, is the Holy Grail of fund raising for the forum till such time an Annual forum event is created. 

As much as I would love to have everyone attend that can attend on the date selected, I understand that if an event is held at the same time other events are held, that leaves tough decisions to be made by the membership.  I can only hope that each and every member that has the desire to attend makes the best possible decision for the betterment of the forum and its members, and ultimately has a fantastic weekend no matter which event is chosen.

Monkeytrucker

I think it was P.T. Barnum that said:

You can make some of the people happy all of the time, all of the people happy some of the time but never all of the people happy all of the time.

I do believe that statistically there is no such thing as 100%.  There is always the outside chance for something being better thus 100% is impossible.  Well maybe being dead is 100% but then maybe some of your parts live on in someone else.  OOPs, your DNA lives on in your children.  Guess even death is not 100%....

jobe05

However.....

You may be 100% correct!

Monkeytrucker

Only until Becca or Estella hears us....

Ratster

I hope I can make it!

Rampal1955

I will be there.. I had a great time and met so many friendly people. paul

brianinpa

Same place as this years?  Maybe I can make it this time!

jobe05

It will be at the same place, Willville MC Campgrounds in Meadows of Dan Va, right off the BRP.

More info to come!!

Steed

Same place as this years?  Maybe I can make it this time!

Looking for a riding partner ???  It's around 6hrs south, for me.

brianinpa

That would work!

Hawggy

We are in and will attend again. Great time had last year. Looking forward to this.

Hawggy

We are in and will attend again. Great time had last year. Looking forward to this.

Just reserved the small cabin. We will be onsite this year.

Dusty Boots

I already have a couple of routes figured out for the trip down.  :D

(A)   -  Shorter one  -  https://goo.gl/maps/4hqTPafHb3u

( B )  -  Slightly longer one  -  https://goo.gl/maps/Tb4VRpMxTFN2

Dusty

zipp

Dusty keep me informed, and if you do the shorter one you will be 7  mi. from my house. You can stay here and we will ride down together. Its only 5 hr from here to Wilville. I can offer you a bed and a shower and food. Zipp

youngnbald

Michele and I are looking into this event.  We also have made Diggerfest our annual event, but Michele needs to see the Smokies from a motorcycle.  As time gets closer, we will know what direction we may head.

Longboater

Uh Huh,

Don't leave me out,

Count me in for this and I will be staying up at the Motel.

Best to all and be safe, as just too many MC crashes down here and our own as well.

Ned

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.