Halfling

• Moderators
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN, USA
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2017
  • First Name:John

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

This is a first attempt at establishing some ground rules for our community to navigate by. This is a compilation of some rules that are frequently used on forums like ours.

Your comments, concerns and suggestions concerning these rules are encouraged and should be added to this thread for discussion.

Thank you for your participation in re-designing our community from the ground up!

#2 Ghost Rider 2

Ghost Rider 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationDowns, Illinois
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800
  • Model Year:2002 & 2014
  • First Name:Jerry

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Lot of changes happening very fast. Might suggest to slow them down a little and not run the old timers off. Just my opinion.

#3 jobe05

jobe05

• Moderators
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationKing NC
  • Goldwing Model:GL1800, GL1500
  • Model Year:2012, 1989
  • First Name:John

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Think of the forum as a set of tires on your bike, in order to maintain traction one has to change them out every few years or every few thousand miles.

I have read through a lot of Devens old post and the one that strikes me is the one from April when he announced the sale of the forum. He admitted the dwindling of daily post and the maintenance of the forum. Maintenance on software is critical for continuity, but when software reaches a point where it just can not be maintained anymore It's time to change that software as old software just won't do what you want it to anymore and replace it with a more robust version that will handle our growth to the next level, at which time, 3 years, 5 years down the road, Im sure John will be looking once more for new software.

Software companies, like Microsoft don't make money by selling the same program year after year..... They change it, make it better (sometimes) and then stop supporting the old software. Change isn't always just done because, in our case it's done because John HAS to.

Also, Keep in mind, John has several options to get another free version software off the internet, however he is buying the software to make sure he gets something that isn't just "Off The Shelf". It's something that I trust, if John is willing to dig deep and Purchase this stuff with his own cash, it must be worth it for us. I trust John whole heartedly in his decisions, and will support him and help him any way I can to make sure that his venture is a successful one.

#4 Buckfarrack

Buckfarrack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Locationis near the Monkey's Eyebrow,Ky.
  • Goldwing Model:GL FiF-Teen Hunnerd
  • Model Year:1997
  • First Name:BUcK

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yep,there's been a lot of 'em ran off,but it looks like they are coming HERE!
Good job John! we are behind ya 100%
Congrats on your new purchase!

#5 beenshot

beenshot

• Moderators
  • 2,351 posts
  • LocationKnobel, Arkansas
  • Goldwing Model:Gl1800 CSC Trike
  • Model Year:2010
  • First Name:Larry

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

change away, John. The forum was almost dead or at the very least, extremely slow :baffled: Give us a new fresh look and lets see if we can revive a good forum. :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users